11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2014 10:03 PM by A.T. Romano

Wie kann ich die "Sprachkommentarspur" deutlich erhöhen ?

Doncharmi Level 1

Hallo,

ich habe gemäß Anleitung die Tonspuren "richtig" als Vorder- und Hintergrund - Spuren definiert.

Ton1 = Originalsound = Vordergrund, Sprachkommentar = Vordergrund, Sound = Musik = Hintergrund.

Sodann SmartMix verwendet.   Am PC hört sich alles optimal gut an.

Das Ergebnis ist auch nach manuellem Setzen der Keyframes frustrierend: Spur 2 (Sprachkommentar) ist kaum hörbar ...

Was muss ich tun, um den wichtigen Kommentar als Priorität zu bekommen ??

Ich danke Euch im voraus sehr herzlich,

Doncharmi

• 1. Re: Wie kann ich die "Sprachkommentarspur" deutlich erhöhen ?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Doncharmi

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running.

Where are you getting the unacceptable sound comparison? For what export, what export settings?

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Wie kann ich die "Sprachkommentarspur" deutlich erhöhen ?
            Doncharmi Level 1

Hi   ATR!

ThANKS for your answer!

My system is: PE12 , win7 home prem 64bit, sp1, with i5-3570, 3,8Ghz, 16GB.

Listening the pc sound (3 audio channels: Audio1, Sprachkommentar and Soundtrack) everything sounds well!! I manually changed the loudness in each channel.

I am getting the sound problem when i start the export-process, rendering and saving to the pc. then the finalized  mp4-file offers the SPACHKOMMENTAR so  quiet that i get great problems to understand... and the 3 channels are different loud in the each clip

if i am using the method "tools - sprachkommentar" no positive change happens.

I defined audio 1 = background, Sprachkommentar = foreground, soundtrach = music = background ...

please try to help! thank you in advance,

Doncharmi

• 3. Re: Wie kann ich die "Sprachkommentarspur" deutlich erhöhen ?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Doncharmi

Please excuse if I am saying what you have already said, but I do not want to take anything for granted.

Below is a screenshoot of the opened Smart Mix and Audio Mixer feature of Premiere Elements.

AudioMixer.JPG

When you are having the relative volume issues with your Timeline content and/or export, please give the settings for the Smart Mix and Audio Mixer at the Timeline level

For each individual clip involved.

Audio 1 (as Foreground or however set) _____________dB

and

Soundtrack (as Background or however set) ______________dB

How many audio tracks are involved...

Audio 1 and higher or just Audio 1?

ATR

• 4. Re: Wie kann ich die "Sprachkommentarspur" deutlich erhöhen ?
                Doncharmi Level 1

Hallo, A.T.Romano,

here are the desired values:

1. I did not change the original volumes

2. Then I started smartmix with the above mentioned values.

Within the channel soundtrack smartmix did add some unsufficient

keyframes with no real positive result!

3. So, then I started to delete in those moments the original

"Auduo1 = Original Sound", when there exists a comment

on channel Sprachkomm... to "help" smartmix increasing the

"Sprachkommentar" ...

Whatever I do (f.e. changing the micro!), the bad result remains as it is...

Is it possible, that the "incoming level" of the micro is not high

enough ???

But, at the pc-sound everything seems to be ok...

My knowledge is overasked, i am helpless after a very long work with a 5

hour egypt film ...

Thank you for helping, I appreciate your efforts very much!

Doncharmi

Am 03.02.2014 17:45, schrieb A.T. Romano:

>

Re: Wie kann ich die "Sprachkommentarspur" deutlich erhöhen ?

created by A.T. Romano <http://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano> in

/Premiere Elements/ - View the full discussion

<http://forums.adobe.com/message/6080855#6080855

• 5. Re: Wie kann ich die "Sprachkommentarspur" deutlich erhöhen ?
                  Doncharmi Level 1

Hallo again,

could it be hekpful to send you just one short clip as it is in my pe12 ??

so you could have a real imagine of my problem ...

Doncharmi

>

• 6. Re: Wie kann ich die "Sprachkommentarspur" deutlich erhöhen ?
                    Doncharmi Level 1

Sorry for taking so much time of you..., - but:

I tried to cut a short clip with the mentioned settings, but obviously I

am a real amteur:

how do I cut that long film (5hrs.) in short parts without having each

time the full space ?

May be you know that?

Doncharmi

>

• 7. Re: Wie kann ich die "Sprachkommentarspur" deutlich erhöhen ?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Doncharmi

There are many programs, including Premiere Elements, that will allow you to cut video. But all (that I know of) demand export of the cut to a format to get it out of the cutting program. Once we do that we are no longer working with your original piece of video.

Does this problem with the balance of audio volumes occur with all projects or just this one?

For troubleshooting purposes, if you started a new project and tried to balance audio volumes in a mini test run project, do you have the same problem as you are having in this 5 hour project?

Please do the test that I have written in bold text and let us know the results.

From you point of view, the results will not be helpful since you want to save the current project and use it. But, the results will point us to whether the source of the problem is in the project or in some aspect of your computer hardware and/or Premiere Elements.

If you have done the above test, then please remind me of the results.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Have you had any success with just increasing the volume levels at the Timeline level beyond what you think are just right there? What happens if you take SmartMix and Audio Mixer out of the matter, and individually keyframe the volume property of each of the audio/tracks involved?

• 8. Re: Wie kann ich die "Sprachkommentarspur" deutlich erhöhen ?
                        Doncharmi Level 1

Hi A.T. Romano,

1. this film "egypt 2012" is my first video and too with pe12.

so,

Am 04.02.2014 21:02, schrieb A.T. Romano:

>

<http://forums.adobe.com/message/6085660#6085660

• 9. Re: Wie kann ich die "Sprachkommentarspur" deutlich erhöhen ?
                          Doncharmi Level 1

Hi ATR,

sorry for the delay, - life has a lot of little problems to solve

YES, I`VE DONE THE JOB:

the result of my little test-video (as you proposed) shows the same

resulta s my 5hrs. - "epos" ...

I used smartmix as follows:

Channel 1 = foreground = original-sound

"         2 = foreground = spoken comment with 3-Media-USB-headset

(very good "pegel")

"         3 = background = music file

Here again the "3" ist dominating both other channels, especially the

comment... Impossible !

If you need further technical details of my pc, of course i will send them.

If you need my test-file "test für atr" (18 seconds), i will send it.

I do hope that all my work is not "behind the horizon" and appreciate

very much your help!

Doncharmi

>

<http://forums.adobe.com/message/6085660#6085660

• 10. Re: Wie kann ich die "Sprachkommentarspur" deutlich erhöhen ?
                            Doncharmi Level 1

Hi, ATR !

I hope everything is okay ?

I ask, if you got the below mentioned email from me. It would be very

much appreciated, if you find the time and answers for my problem.

So, I thank you in advance for your patience and remain,

Doncharmi

Am 10.02.2014 17:00, schrieb Walter Scharmer:

Hi ATR,

sorry for the delay, - life has a lot of little problems to solve

YES, I`VE DONE THE JOB:

the result of my little test-video (as you proposed) shows the same

resulta s my 5hrs. - "epos" ...

I used smartmix as follows:

Channel 1 = foreground = original-sound

"         2 = foreground = spoken comment with

3-Media-USB-headset (very good "pegel")

"         3 = background = music file

Here again the "3" ist dominating both other channels, especially the

comment... Impossible !

If you need further technical details of my pc, of course i will send

them.

If you need my test-file "test für atr" (18 seconds), i will send it.

I do hope that all my work is not "behind the horizon" and appreciate

very much your help!

Doncharmi

>>

>>

>>       Re: Wie kann ich die "Sprachkommentarspur" deutlich erhöhen ?

>>

>> created by A.T. Romano <http://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>

>> in /Premiere Elements/ - View the full discussion

>> <http://forums.adobe.com/message/6085660#6085660>

• 11. Re: Wie kann ich die "Sprachkommentarspur" deutlich erhöhen ?
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Doncharmi

Sorry for the delay but your thread went out of my view. Sorry about that.

I have reviewed all your comments and this is what I would like you to do.

1. Since you tell me that everything is OK until after export as .mp4 when you cannot hear your narration, let us focus on the export first. What are the details of the export...

Publish+Share/Computer/ what do you select next? AVCHD? As an example, if AVCHD and something like MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p25, there are 3 tabs under the Advanced Button of that MP4 preset

Multiplexing

Video

Audio

Under Multiplexing, what do you have set for

Multiplexing, MP4 or something else?

Stream Compatibility, Standard or something else?

Under Audio, what do you have set for:

Audio Format

Output Channel

Frequency

Audio Quality

2. Using whatever settings that you are using currently, please use them in the following mini test run

Test 1

Use of copy of your original project. Delete the Soundtrack and Audio 1 contents, leaving just the Narration. Adjust the volume of the Narration the way you have in the past (presumed with Audio Mixer) so that it sounds OK in the Edit area. When you playback this .mp4 file with just the Narration in the project, is the Narration loud and clear?

Test 2

Start a new project, import just your Narration. Set the volume that you want. Export as in Test 1 to .mp4 file. Evaluate the playback. Loud and clear or not heard?

Let us see if the above mini test run can help us target the problem.

Thank you for your follow ups. I will watch closely for your thread and your replies.

ATR