3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2014 4:24 PM by David_Powers

cannot add new selectors or edit existing CSS file with my Mac

kearneyny

I have just subscibed to Dreamweaver CC and I cannot add new selectors or edit the exisiting "main" css that comes with the tutorial. When asked to add selector a box appears but when I press enter/return twice it disappears. Also there is no option to edit existing properties. for example, to change a font color I pick color but there is no enter or "OK" option. I'm very puzzled and stuck.

• 1. Re: cannot add new selectors or edit existing CSS file with my Mac
          David_Powers Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

I can't explain why you're having difficulty with creating a new selector. It's exactly as shown in the videos. However, the colour picker has changed since the videos were recorded. Just select a colour, and then click away from the colour panel to close it.

• 2. Re: cannot add new selectors or edit existing CSS file with my Mac
            kearneyny Level 1

Thanks for the reply. Could it just be a problem with the software? I downloaded a trial version then subscribed to Dreamweaver Cloud. The CSS designer does not let me save any changes to the "main css" tutorial file. Even using the new color picker if I click outside the box it still reverted to the original. I created a new test .css.file  to see if it was just that the file was locked ( ?) but I still couldn't add new selectors. Does the trial version of Dreamweaver CSS ever have a limited function in CSS designer? I am fairly limited in my knowledge of coding css so I'm stuck using the css designer....

thanks again.

• 3. Re: cannot add new selectors or edit existing CSS file with my Mac
              David_Powers Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

The trial version of Dreamweaver is fully functional. The only limitation is that it stops working after 30 days. If you're having problems with getting the software to work correctly, it might be a good idea to try posting a question in the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forum, mentioning the fact that you've already posted here (otherwise, they might just transfer you back to this or one of the other Dreamweaver forums).

If you can't make changes to files, it might have something to do with permissions or the user account that you've logged onto the computer with.

When asking for help in the other forum, mention your operating system, and which version you're using. The problem might be related to your computer setup.