2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2014 11:11 AM by fmoltedo3211

AE CS4 Critical Error in Setup/OS not compatible (but it actually is)

fmoltedo3211

I downloaded the trial a long time ago, when I installed it a year ago, it worked correctly, but when I was renderizing a test project, my external HDD crashed, and alll my progress was lost. (And all my files too)

After that, my PC is still detecting the disk as an invisible one, with cache files on it. I installed another video editing software because I didn´t want more trouble.

But today I realized that after effects was a lot better, but because of my system specifications (32bit), I ran the CS4 setup.

Now, every time I run it, it say that my OS is not compatible, (I saw it in the error log) it says my OS is Windows 2000, but I have Windows 7 x86.

Another error, that's also shown in the log file, is the installation diretory, it seems to be G unit, that was my crashed hard drive, so it canpt find it, and it crashes.

NOTE THAT THE LOG COMES FROM THE FIRST TRY, I CAN´T FIND THE LOG ANYMORE, IT'S NOT IN THE LOG'S FOLDER. (/Common Files/Adobe/INstallers)

I'll try with CS3, with this link or any official one: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3833

thanks for your support