• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the simple "place" command in Photoshop cc?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2014 Feb 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using photoshop cc and  cannot find the "place" command.  All I have under file is "place embedded and place linked.  Will you be able to help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Those are the place commands. You choose whether you want the placed file to be embedded or linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are the place commands. You choose whether you want the placed file to be embedded or linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I placed my logo in another drawing like your tutorials, and once I sized it, I couldn't edit it anymore.  So, in order to be able to move it around and edit it, which place should I use?  Sorry to be so stupid on this, but this is my first introduction to Photoshop.  Merci!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour.

The place commands does place the file as a smart object, it's not therefore a regular layer.

More info: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshop/cs/using/WSACAD27BE-C403-47f2-BE6A-BDFBE87CDA57.html

If you want to have regular pixels that you can directly edit, you should open the other file, and drag it's contents to the first document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two place options now,  Instead of just adding Place Link and leaving the old place option Adobe renamed Place to Place embedded and may have change its operation a bit. Old code that use place still works.  And both Place Embedded and Place Linked add smart object layer that have copies of the original file in the layers embedded object.  So they are independent from the original. However the Place Linked object is also linked to the original file.  If the document is open when the original file is updated and committed the smart object layer will be automatically updated. If its not open and later opened in the future you will be informed that the original file has been updated or that the link was broken because the file was either moved or delete.  In Layer menu smart objects several new options have been added one can be used to resolve broken links. I would think if one was to open a linked smart object layer the the original file or the resolved file would be open. If the link was not resolved the object would the be changed to a Place Embedded layer and the file copy would be used. I have not tested this so what is written is just a guess on my part for I do not have a need for Place Linked....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your information.  this is hard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tacowatha wrote:

this is hard.

No its Software

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines