Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No matching authentication protocol Oracle 12c

Feb 01, 2014 Feb 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we are working with ColdFusion 10 and Oracle 12c Database, but when we are trying to connect with the database across CF, we have the following message:

java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-28040: No matching authentication protocol

Does anybody know how can we work with Oracle 12c? Is necessary an update to fix that?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the message I got back from Adobe. It can be referenced in the bugbase (https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3721707).

Rupesh Kumar

1:24:29 AM GMT+00:00 Mar 18, 2014

The support for Oracle 12c is there in ColdFusion 11. As of now, we don't have any plans to add this support in ColdFusion 9/10

Stephen Johnson

Adobe Advanced ColdFusion Certified Developer (ADB184437)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen Johnson

I appreciate too much your help, for this moment we will continue working

in CF 10, and we will wait the new version of CF 11 to work with 12c.

Thank you very much for your support, greetings from Mexico.

Sincerely

Javier Morales Rangel

2014-03-24 10:46 GMT-06:00 Runrocket <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Re: No matching authentication protocol Oracle 12c created by

Runrocket <http://forums.adobe.com/people/Runrocket> in Database Access- View

the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/6237571#6237571

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have oracle 12c working with coldfusion 11 enterprise edition on 64bit oracle linux 6.5.

However, 12c uses a container/pluggable architecture.

If I create a user in the container database (CDB), the datasource GUI in CF11 can log into that user account.

If I create a user in the pluggable database (PDB), I CANNOT get CF11 to log into that account.

If I create an oracle service name in listener.ora, I CAN log into the pluggable account from the shell i.e. sqlplus user@pdb.

So, the service naming is not the issue.

Is it even possible to hit the account within the PDB with the default ORACLE driver in CF11 datasource GUI?

Or, ...must one set up the database as a container-only to allow CF11 access?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need to get CF9 or 10 to work with Oracle 12c until you can upgrade to CF11, add this to your sqlnet.ora file on your database server:

SQLNET.ALLOWED_LOGON_VERSION_SERVER=8

In Oracle 12c, the default was effectively changed to 11, meaning that older authentication protocols will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your fix worked for us, and I want to add we were having this problem with ColdFusion 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Re. this setting:

SQLNET.ALLOWED_LOGON_VERSION_SERVER=8

Any idea what this might break? Oracle 12c is back-end for a mission-critical database; how likely is this change to cause a problem for other applications (e.g. Banner)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this "amazing" solution here and it worked like a charm for me. It solves the problem on the Oracle side.

12c: USE_SID_AS_SERVICE_listener_name - ORACLE IN ACTION

It is sad that Adobe couldn't come up with an answer/(alternative) solution to this problem for such a long time - all those devoted CF users out there are feeling "abandoned"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation