5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2014 3:51 PM by teacher4U

Need a new number

teacher4U

Hey, How can I get a new serial number for my Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended? My old computer crashed so I can't unistall it to re install it on my new laptop.

• 1. Re: Need a new number
          Chuck Uebele Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You have to use your original Serial Number.  You need to call Adobe to reset your activation.  If you don't have the S/N and registered CS4, you can get your S/N from the link on the Adobe site "My Account."

• 2. Re: Need a new number
            John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What csuebele said.

Keep in mind that your serial number is the most valuable part of your software for you from a licensing perpective. Keep it safe at all times. Cherish it. It's unique to you and, if you've registered it, Adobe knows who you are. It's Adobe's main point of connection to you.

You can always download software installation files from the web when you need to re-install. However, no-one but you and Adobe can help you with your serial number.

• 3. Re: Need a new number
              teacher4U Level 1

I have it, but they said it didn’t do any good because I don’t have my receipt. L

• 4. Re: Need a new number
                John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

they said it didn’t do any good because I don’t have my receipt. L

Who is they? Where did you buy CS4 from?

If you have your valid serial number, you don't need a receipt to re-install.

Just download the software from the web, install, enter your serial number and you're done.

• 5. Re: Need a new number
                  teacher4U Level 1

My thoughts exactly! I’m going to hand this over to my computer tech and see if he can’t talk sense into them. I’m not as computer literate as he is. Maybe if he talks to them personally, they’ll give him a new number. He told me to call Adobe but I’m not having much success. L At least not through chat. Maybe a live person will be more reasonable. J