• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't update Adobe CS6 on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2014 Feb 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed Adobe Web and Design Premium CS6 on my Mac, running Mavericks. When I open the Adobe Application Manager to update the applications (eg. Dreamweaver 12.0 to 12.03), the Adobe Application Manager crashes. I've tried installing the one from the web, but it assumes I'm running CC.

What gives?

I've followed instructions elsewhere on this forum and they just lead me to the Application Manager 7, which works for CC. Anyway, it doesn't work either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2014 Feb 01, 2014

try and update your aam.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2014 Feb 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try and update your aam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a direct email reply that doesn't appear here. It solves my problem.

Apparently there is no standalone CS6 updater any more that works (at least with Mavericks). Adobe has merged the CS6 and CC updaters into one, and that updater is only called a CC updater called the "Creative Cloud app for desktop" at https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud. Naturally that puts me off.

Adobe explains this in a hard-to-find note at

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-cs6-apps.html

It shows a screenshot of the CC updater offering to update both CS6 and CC apps, which can co-exist on your computer.

Thanks to the anonymous provider of the hint. It works. Naturally, I wonder why Adobe tried so hard to bury this solution. Seems like they want to move me to CC....

--cheers, Gordon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another problem while installing the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application is that you have to set the Security & Privacy System Preferences setting in Mavericks to "Allow apps downloadeed from "Anywhere", which is the least secure setting on your computer.

It sounds like Adobe doesn't want us Mac users to have secure computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines