I am having the same problem. My computer is saying I need authorization but my adobe login is not authorizing. I was told it was a problem with ADE but since tech support is closed on the weekend, I don't know the fix.
1 person found this helpful
Can you please try the following instructions and see if it works for you?
1. Go to "My Computer" (or the equivalent on your PC or MAC).
2. Click on the Nook drive.
3. Find and copy the file ".adobe-digital-editions" to your desktop. Delete the file on your Nook drive.
4. Safely eject and unplug the Nook from the computer.
5. Close Adobe Digital Editions.
6. Restart Adobe Digital Editions.
7. Plug the Nook to the computer.
8. Adobe Digital Editions should display the Nook icon and prompt you to authorize the device.
9. If not, go back to the Nook drive in "My Computer".
10. Find and delete the "Digital Editions" file.
11. Close Adobe Digital Editions.
12. Restart Adobe Digital Editions.
13. Adobe Digital Editions should display the Nook icon and prompt you to authorize the device.
14. Authorize the device.
15. You can transfer books now!
Thanks for the info.
However, the file “.adobe-digital-editions” is a hidden file on the Mac. I used the terminal mode to try to access it but it didn’t even recognize the Nook. I did access the Nook through the Finder and was able to delete the Digital Editions folder from it but that didn’t help.