Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User not activated

Feb 01, 2014 Feb 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ADE ( v3.0) is recognizing my nook on my Mac.  I can transfer borrowed library books to my nook in ADE.  I can see the book in my documents on my nook.  However, when I try to open the file it says "user not activated".  I know that my nook is activated and I know that ADE is authorized. I deleteded the ADE folder on my nook and started over but to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. My computer is saying I need authorization but my adobe login is not authorizing. I was told it was a problem with ADE but since tech support is closed on the weekend, I don't know the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try the following instructions and see if it works for you?

1. Go to "My Computer" (or the equivalent on your PC or MAC).

2. Click on the Nook drive.

3. Find and copy the file ".adobe-digital-editions" to your desktop. Delete the file on your Nook drive.

4. Safely eject and unplug the Nook from the computer.

5. Close Adobe Digital Editions.

6. Restart Adobe Digital Editions.

7. Plug the Nook to the computer.

8. Adobe Digital Editions should display the Nook icon and prompt you to authorize the device.

9. If not, go back to the Nook drive in "My Computer".

10. Find and delete the "Digital Editions" file.

11. Close Adobe Digital Editions.

12. Restart Adobe Digital Editions.

13. Adobe Digital Editions should display the Nook icon and prompt you to authorize the device.

14. Authorize the device.

15. You can transfer books now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info.

However, the file “.adobe-digital-editions” is a hidden file on the Mac. I used the terminal mode to try to access it but it didn’t even recognize the Nook. I did access the Nook through the Finder and was able to delete the Digital Editions folder from it but that didn’t help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines