1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 1, 2014 4:59 PM by A.T. Romano

Premier 12 can't delete media file from Organizer

JeffPadell Level 1

I edited a couple video files and they were automatically put into the Organizer, I didn't want them there. I tried to delete them and it says "Error Deleteing Media"

I can hide the files but I cannot delete them. Other avi files I was able to delete from the organizer.

How can I get rid of them?

• 1. Re: Premier 12 can't delete media file from Organizer
          A.T. Romano Level 7

JeffPadell

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? For now, I will assume some version of Windows.

You realize that every time you import a video into Premiere Elements 12 workspace, a copy of it is placed in the Elements Organizer 12. I know of no way to turn off the automatic feature.

Have you tried deleting the Elements Organizer 12 settings file to take care of your immediate situation?

From the Welcome Screen, as you hold down on the Ctrl+Alt+Shift altogether, click/hold click on the Organizer Tab for about 15 seconds, and watch for a  pop up asking for permission to delete the Elements Organizer Settings File. Click Yes to that. If you cannot get that to work for you, you can go direct to the file

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/preference-file-locations-photoshop-elements. html

If worse comes to worse, you can consider creating a new catalog via Elements Organizer/File Menu/Manage Catalogs/Catalog Manager. But, your issue will be ongoing if you cannot accept copies of files automatically depositing in the Elements Organizer as they import into Premiere Elements.

Please review and then we can discuss this further if necessary.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On

Has the computer been restarted yet after the incident of these files not deleting?