10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2014 9:53 PM by A.T. Romano

Help Me!

KingCuts85

I made a video that is 4 minutes but when I save it to my computer it ends up being 7 minutes?? What do I do??

• 1. Re: Help Me!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

KingCuts85

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running? That will give us information if we need to point to specific features of your version if necessary.

But, I suspect that your extra 3 minutes is coming from you having leftovers after 4 minutes of the video. Are those 3 minutes at the end and black video?

If all of that applies to you, this is what you do

a. Expand the Timeline to the max with the -+ slider above the Timeline

b. Press the End key of your computer...I am expecting that the Timeline Indicator will move to the 7 minute mark

where your leftovers are. These leftovers can be actual clips that you put to the far right for safe keeping or more

likely fragments left from routine moving of media around on the tracks. Typically they present as very thin vertical

black line scattered among the tracks. You need to delete them.

c. When you think that you have gotten the last of them, then hit the End key to determine if the Timeline Indicator

stops at 4 minutes instead of going on to 7.

There are who troubleshoot here who call these "leftovers" orphans. I refer to them as leftovers or fragments.

Please review the above and then let us know if problem was resolved.

Any questions or clarification needed, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Help Me!
            KingCuts85 Level 1

This really helped but I have no video fragments at the end of the video, it's just empty space

• 3. Re: Help Me!
              KingCuts85 Level 1

where are you man I need help. I have elements 12 too

• 4. Re: Help Me!
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is a user to user forum, not Adobe support... and other users DO have lives away from their computers

Timeline too long (orphans) http://forums.adobe.com/thread/652216?tstart=30 may have more information

• 5. Re: Help Me!
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I agree with ATR. You've got stray clips beyond the end of your movie -- even if you can't immediately see them.

Keep looking. You'll find them and it will fix your problems.

• 6. Re: Help Me!
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

KingCuts85

Sorry I did not see your follow up sooner.

Let back up and review my initial thought.

a. From the 4 minute to the 7 min mark is is just black video? That is important to know and confirm.

b. Time to tell me what version of Premiere Elements that you are working with and on what computer operating system it is running. I want to make sure you are doing a super max inspection at the 7 minute mark. I will supply screenshots if necessary, but I want them to be specific for your Premiere Elements version.

c. Are you good at posting screenshots? If so, I want you to expand you Timeline. If you have version 11 or 12, be in the Expert workspace, not Quick workspace, when you are doing this. If you have a version of Premiere Elements earlier than 11, then I want you to be doing this in the Timeline, not Sceneline, workspace. Then go to the 7 minute mark to create a screenshot of the opened tracks so that I can see if I see anything that looks like trouble in that vicinity.

I will be watching for your follow up.

ATR

• 7. Re: Help Me!
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

KingCuts85

I just saw your report about using Premiere Elements 12. So, you can omit that from my latest reply.

Watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Help Me!
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

KingCuts85

Another thought...what is causing the problem may not be a fragment that it so small that you are missing it.

First, confirm that you are definitely working in the Expert workspace, not the Quick workspace.

How many tracks are you working with, Video 1, Audio 1; Video 2, Audio 2; Video 3, Audio 3; or more.

Open all the tracks that you have. And at the 7 minute mark look for files that may be on upper tracks, 3 and above, which you are not seeing because you focus is on Video 1/Audio 1 and the upper tracks are in the closed configuration.

If I did not explain that clearly enough, I will re-write.

May not be it. You may just be missing tiny fragment(s), but the idea is worthy to be included.

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: Help Me!
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

KingCuts85

Just thought of something that I should have asked in the first round of questions.

Do you have the gray tabs of the WorkArea Bar set so that they span just the 4 minute content of your Timeline OR do you have the right gray tab set at 7 minutes instead of at 4 minutes where your Timeline content ends?

workareabar.JPG

ATR

• 10. Re: Help Me!
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

KingCuts85

Just a reminder you have my posts 6, 7, 8, 9, and now this one 10 waiting for you.

I will be calling it a day in about 1/2 hour (it will then be about 1 am my time).

If I do not see any posts from you by that time, I will check your thread in the morning to look for news of your progress and any follow up messages that you have left.

Looking forward to your follow up.

ATR