2 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2014 9:25 PM by hans-g. RSS

CC Cleaner tool to remove remains of CS5 only.

CRuthy4

I have CS6 and CC on my Win 7 pro machine. I have uninstalled CS5.1  . Iam trying to use CC Cleaner tool to remove the remains of CS5.1 and need to be certain that it will not remove the other versions.

When I get to the screen giving a list of options to clean up, CS5-5.5 is listed as number 6. So I typed in 6, and pressed Enter. Then the next screen says 'List of products installed on this machine' and there is only one  1. Clean All. I am concerned that this might remove my other versions as well as CS5. Advise please, thanks.

• 1. Re: CC Cleaner tool to remove remains of CS5 only.
          kglad MVP

read the cleaner suite guidelines that came with your cleaner,

• Choose your language by typing e for English or j for Japanese.

• Review the Adobe End-User License Agreement and type “y” to Accept or “n” to Decline. Declining exits the script.

• Choose the version of Creative Suite or Creative Cloud / Flash Player for which you wish to run the cleanup.

• Choose the product to remove by typing the number corresponding to the product name, and then press Enter.

• To confirm you wish to remove the product, type y and then press Enter; to return to the installed products list, type n and then press Enter.

• If you choose "Clean All" option, all the products and installer related files will be removed, corresponding to the version of the Creative Suite chosen.

• When the script completes, press Enter to exit.

• 2. Re: CC Cleaner tool to remove remains of CS5 only.
            hans-g. MVP

Hello,

sometimes - for whatever reasons - CC doesn't "want" to work. In this case you should CC completely delete and reinstall by help of Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. (A try to uninstall by own resources is not enough!) http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html and follow the prescribed sequence of operations. Sometimes the "opm.db file" is the culprit. In this case you should delete it.

So far, so good –I also often gave this advice. This approach only allows to look at the symptoms of this malfunction. Therefore I started a thread “What's up with "Downloading, Installing, Setting Up"?” I asked for a improvement of the product, so it is not necessary to use Cleaner Tool. Preran a member of Adobe’s staff promised "many improvements". Here is the link: https://forums.adobe.com/message/6408998

In order to accelerate the process I therefore call upon you to support my efforts. Most successful could be to click a „like“ in Prerans answer (see consecutive number 11)

Thanks,

Hans-Günter