3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2014 11:19 PM by mdegamo

InDesign CS6 epub generated cover

mdegamo Level 1

I am using InDesign CS6 for exporting to epub. InDesign always generates this "301.jpg" file which is set as the first or second page in the spine.

I am having difficulty trying to figure out how to turn off this behavior. I already tried selecting "None", "Rasterize first page", and "Choose Image" from the cover setup dialog. Is there a way to turn this behavior off?

• 1. Re: InDesign CS6 epub generated cover
          pooja2087 Adobe Employee

Hi,

If you don't wish ID to generate a cover image for the EPUB being exported, you can choose "None" from Cover drop-down in Set up section in EPUB Export Options dialog.

If there is an image getting generated even after setting cover as None, it may be because of custom rasterisation setting being applied to one of the objects in InDesign document. The name 301.jpg signifies either a cover image or an object deliberately set to Custom Rasterise.

In case the problem still does not solve, it would be helpful if you can share your ID document (my email id: pja@adobe.com) so that I can tell you which one of the items is resulting as an image in EPUB.

Regards,

Pooja

InDesign QE

• 2. Re: InDesign CS6 epub generated cover
            mdegamo Level 1

I think you're right. I tried exporting a fresh document and the "301.jpg" file was not present, even when I copied the export settings from the other document.

I have attached the InDesign document on your email.

Thanks,
            Mark

• 3. Re: InDesign CS6 epub generated cover
              mdegamo Level 1

Solved, I have applied a custom rasterization on the textbox of the first spread. I just unchecked "Custom Rasterization" from "Export Object Option"

Thanks a lot