3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2014 1:57 AM by moccamaximum

print keystroke

Jakoza

Hello. i wants to know how to print Keystroke diractly from flash by pressing on a button. Like i wants that button to excute a word just like i would write by my keyboard. and hit enter.

there is this game that we are allowed to make flash widget on it. and i have so many ideas of using a flash widget on it. one of them, is i wants to be able to excute a word. which it is command that we write it on that game. but i wants instate of write it. i wants to excute a punch of commands by XML file.  or at least. to excute a custome word "command" how can i do that?

can anyone tell me how to do that? or where i should look at to understand how this script can be made? or what the code that is used. or function or what ever lol. sorry im Sooooooooooooooo begginer in flash.

• 1. Re: print keystroke
          moccamaximum Level 5

//This will "print" the word SPACE on the stage when the SPACE-Key is pressed:

import flash.events.KeyboardEvent

import flash.ui.Keyboard

import flash.text.TextField;

stage.addEventListener(KeyboardEvent.KEY_UP, keyHandler);

var tf:TextField = new TextField();

addChild(tf);

tf.x = stage.stageWidth*.5;

tf.y =stage.stageHeight*.5;

function keyHandler(e:KeyboardEvent):void{

if(e.keyCode== Keyboard.SPACE){

tf.text = "SPACE";

}

}

• 2. Re: print keystroke
            Jakoza Level 1

Hi MoccaMaximum, thanks for replaying but this not quiet what i wants. sorry if i was not clear.

what i wants to do, is exactly like how i would do by my keyboard. lets say for example, I wants to say the word "Hello" in the chat client. But instate of writing it by my hand. I wants to use the flash widget, To write the word "hello" for me, when i click on the button that I specifed on the flash widget..

• 3. Re: print keystroke
              moccamaximum Level 5

with almost no details about how you implement your widget/chat-client I can give only a rough suggestion:

helloBtn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, helloHandler);

function helloHandler(e:MouseEvent):void{

chat.text = "HELLO";

}

1 person found this helpful