Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink to child CHM file

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this is the first time I'm using this community, so please forgive me if i'm not clear enough in describing my problem.

I'm working with  a large project, where I've imported other projects into (as chm files)

sd1.jpg

I would like to do some linking to the imported files, but the result is not impressing !!

I've tried to do it in several ways.
When I use the sd2.jpg- button I can't find any URL link leading to my project.
Then I tried using drag&drop from the Project Manager, and a link appeared. When i click it inside RH it seems to work, but when I've made the Microsoft HTML Help file it doesn't work any longer ??

Someone please tell me what goes wrong?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Hi Helene and welcome to the forum.

Your problem sounds like you have your project's default Single Source Layout set to something other than Microsoft HTML Help. Go to your Single Source Layout pod, right click on the Microsoft HTML Help layout and select the Set as Primary Layout option. The next time you link, you'll see a Remote Topic option (see below). This allows you to select the CHM and select the topic from it.

chmlink.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Helene and welcome to the forum.

Your problem sounds like you have your project's default Single Source Layout set to something other than Microsoft HTML Help. Go to your Single Source Layout pod, right click on the Microsoft HTML Help layout and select the Set as Primary Layout option. The next time you link, you'll see a Remote Topic option (see below). This allows you to select the CHM and select the topic from it.

chmlink.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just checked, and the default in Single Source Layout is Microsoft HTML, so that's ok.
BUT I tried to do as shown at your screendump - AND that really made a big different.Thanks a lot, I've been struggeling with this issue for almost a week !!

This is just great, I'll be back again next time I'm having a problem !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it helped Helene.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp