3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2014 1:32 PM by Sandeep Singh

GraemeSkinner

GraemeSkinner

I have just bought an 'adobe photoshop elements 12 combined with premiere elements 12'. The back of the software licence card did not specificy the system requirements (it told me to check on line - which I could not do in strore - althrough the vendor said it would work on Vista). I downloaded photoshop ok but premiere stopped with this message: "This instlalaiion package is not syupported by this processopr type. Contact your product vendor". Which I did ...and they suppggested I went back to the store... but its a long way ...and I've already wasted a lot of time. I then checked on line and the adobe website said that Vista 32 bit was ok! So it should work on my computer. Now what do I do... is there something I need to check on my computer? or can I down grade to premiere 11 with this licence?

Thanks

• 1. Re: GraemeSkinner
          nealeh Level 5

Are you absolutely positive you were downloading for the right platform (Mac version if on Mac, Windows if on Windows)?

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 2. Re: GraemeSkinner
            A.T. Romano Level 7

GraemeSkinner

Please clarify or confirm what you purchased and in what form.

Did you purchase Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 bundled in boxed packaging? From what you wrote it sounds like you made the boxed purchased rather than doing a purchase of download installation files for the products. Is that correct? But your mention of "download" was confusing.

If you have the boxed packing of Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12, you should have 2 installation discs in that box

a. Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 for Windows.

and

b. Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 for Mac.

When you do the installation of Premiere Elements 12, what does the disc show on its label....

Adobe photoshop elements 12

& adobe premiere elements 12

WINDOWS

or

Adobe photoshop elements 12

& adobe premiere elements 12

MAC OS

With the Windows disc, you should be able to install Photoshop Elements 12 and/or Premiere Elements 12 on Windows, including Vista.

Please explain further.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: GraemeSkinner
              Sandeep Singh Adobe Employee

Hi GraemeSkinner,

Thanks for posting on Adobe forums,

Please download 32 bit version of Premiere Elements from this link : http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-12-direct-download-links-premiere.html and Please follow the instructions to download it.

Regards,

Sandeep