4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2014 8:25 PM by A.T. Romano

How to save an edited viceo clip in premier elements 11 to my organizer (windows 07)?

sanford5 Level 1

How to save an edited video clip in premier elements to my organizer so that I can add teh edited video clip to my slide show on windows 7 operating system?

• 1. Re: How to save an edited viceo clip in premier elements 11 to my organizer (windows 07)?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

sanford5

Given you have Premiere Elements 11 with its Elements Organizer 11 on Windows 7 (assumed 64 bit)....

You need to export your Premiere Elements 11 Timeline edited content to a file (Publish+Share/Computer/ followed by the appropriate export choice and export settings.)

Then like other inclusions in the Elements Organizer 11, in the Elements Organizer 11 workspace, File Menu/Get Photos and Videos/From.....

Have you tried the above yet?

Are you using the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor because you see an advantage in doing so for your photos?

Consider, you can create your Elements Organizer Slideshow, output it to Premiere Elements with "Edit In Premiere Elements Editor", use the Break Apart Elements Organizer Slideshow, and then add video for editing.

or

You can do the whole slideshow in the Premiere Elements workspace.

Please let us know if we have targeted your question and if any of the above works for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: How to save an edited viceo clip in premier elements 11 to my organizer (windows 07)?
            sanford5 Level 1

Thank you for your input regarding  my question.

I am not sure if my laptop is 32 or 64 bit but am not sure it would impact what you are recommending.

I have tried to save the edited content back to "my projects" in the organizer but it doesn't seem to save the edited clip (i.e. just saves the unedited clip) so I am not sure I am saving the "edited clip" properly within elements.

I have both DSLR photos and video clips.

I like to insert teh video cplis occasionally into my photo slide show  and am at stand still in trying to insert my fisrt edited video clip iniserted before I can continue with more photos for my next segment of a Scotland trip.

I will try your suggestion again tonight when I get home from work and let you know how it goes tomorrow morning.

What you are saying makes sense but for some reason I am having trouble with it.

When I use "add media" in my slide show I am having trouble finding my exported file.

I very much appercciate your support and will follow-up with you again tomorrow morning.

Best Regards

Richard

• 3. Re: How to save an edited viceo clip in premier elements 11 to my organizer (windows 07)?
              sanford5 Level 1

Well, I tried this and saved it to file: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe 

Premiere Elements 11 but I can't find it in the organizer.

Any ideas?

Is there anyway I can get someone to access my computer and hel me with 

this?

I am willing to pay for this support as I am totally baffled.

Thanks

In a message dated 2/3/2014 10:33:19 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, 

forums_noreply@adobe.com writes:

Re:  How to save an edited viceo clip in premier elements 11 to my

organizer  (windows 07)?

created by A.T. Romano (http://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano)  in 

Premiere Elements - View the full  discussion

(http://forums.adobe.com/message/6081324#6081324)

• 4. Re: How to save an edited viceo clip in premier elements 11 to my organizer (windows 07)?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

sanford5

This is not Adobe. We are Premiere Elements users trying to help other Premiere Elements users with their Premiere Elements workflows. Under those conditions, only Adobe may have the opportunity to access your computer in troubleshooting session between you and them. You can use the following link to contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=using-my-product-or-se rvice

When the link opens, click on the statement "I still need help" to bring up Adobe Chat.

I have no idea if they will charge you a fee for the service ($40 US dollar/hour). It might not even help you (fee or no fee) because you do not have the latest version of Premiere Elements.

What you ask is easy enough. Let me try again with a step by step to see if we can get this working for you in principle and then fine tune the details.

1. Export your Timeline to a file, using Publish+Share/Computer and then one of the choices

Adobe Flash Video, MPEG, AVCHD, AVI, Windows Media, QuickTime, Image, Audio. I do not know what your project settings are, but I am going to guess at NTSC/AVCHD/Full HD1080i30. That would represent 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second.

The following is going to be a mini test run in principle so we will cut to the core and overlook some things.

Go to Publish + Share/Computer/AVCHD/ and set Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30.

Note that there is a field for Save In: near where you set Presets. Set the Save In for Libraries/Documents not C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe  Premiere Elements 11. Keep out of the Program Files for matters such as these.

Go to the Elements Organizer 12 File Menu/Get Photos and Videos/From Files and Folders and then browse to and select your MP4 file that you have saved in Libraries/Documents.

You now should have your video represented in the Elements Organizer 12 with a thumbnail.

Please let us know if that works for you. If not, then please let us know where you need supplemental help to get the task completed. I will re-write if necessary.

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...A little side note for later...If you took your file saved to the computer hard drive and imported that back into Premiere Elements with Premiere Elements' Add Media/Files and Folders, you would get

a. the file imported into a new project

but also

b. a copy of the file automatically placed in the Elements Organizer 12.

If the ideas seem overwhelming, please take the steps on one at a time and follow exactly what is written. You should do fine.