6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2014 2:22 PM by xxx+++

camera raw doesn't work on my new CS 6 ( offline computer )!

xxx+++

I have two weeks new, original Photoshop CS6 and today my Camera Raw has stopped working. I have a computer offline and it showed me a message to install a new plugin for Camera Raw. How do I get it? I paid about 3000 PLN and my program does not work! What's going on? why so making it difficult for people to live? is that I do not have access to the internet and not install stupid plugins means that I gave money away, and my job is to be in place by your policy? THIS IS NOT OKAY.

• 1. Re: camera raw doesn't work on my new CS 6 ( offline computer )!
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What situation are you describing, exactly?    Were you connected to the internet and then you weren’t?  Did something stop halfway through?

If you don’t want to update Camera Raw you don’t have to, but if you started and it failed, you may need to uninstall and reinstall CS6 to get back to where you were.  You can turn off CR updates in the Adobe Application Manager preferences, I believe.

• 2. Re: camera raw doesn't work on my new CS 6 ( offline computer )!
            xxx+++ Level 1

Computer was always offline and today, when I wanted to start the camera raw showed me a message, that I need to download the latest update camera raw plug. My question is: Can I do it online? If so, how and where can I download this plugin? Because now the camera raw does not work ...

Thanks for the reply !

• 3. Re: camera raw doesn't work on my new CS 6 ( offline computer )!

I am still not clear how ACR doesn’t work now that you’ve been asked to update, but since I’m always online, there may be some nuance of predominantly offline usage that I haven’t seen.  Normally PS will periodically check for new updates and you’ll be offered any that apply whenever they are discovered. 

To your question, to update the ACR plug-in, when you are next online, do Help / Updates from PS’s menus.   That should start up the AAM which will manage the download and install of the ACR 8.3 plug-in.

There are also direct download links for ACR 8.3 for CS6 and CC, so you can initiate those by hand in your browser if you like, and then run what you download.  This this Adobe blog entry about updating PS when you’re not connected:

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2011/03/keeping-photoshop-up-to-date.html#notconnected

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: camera raw doesn't work on my new CS 6 ( offline computer )!
                xxx+++ Level 1

It works! I downloaded the plugin on the USB flash drive and installed on my computer offline. Thank you very much!But how can I disable the automatic update, so again I did not block the whole program? Through the 'help' I can not do that. On the internet I have not found anything on this subject.

Thanks for your help (and sorry for my english)

• 5. Re: camera raw doesn't work on my new CS 6 ( offline computer )!

I am not sure why you were blocked from using ACR when you were online and didn’t update.  You should be able to just close any updates message and continue on with your work, but I am not predominantly offline to know what happens.

However, there is a Preferences button in the Adobe Application Manager, the thing that starts up when you use PS / Help / Updates… and perhaps automatically if you’ve been offline for an extended period, to indicate which things to check for updates for.  Just uncheck the ones you don’t want to have automatically check for. 

It usually takes a few moments for the Updates… menu item to become active in the Help menu after starting up PS, so wait a minute to give it time.  I don’t know what it does if you are offline, though, it may never become active.

If not, then try starting the AAM manually by running the PDApp.exe program on a 64-bit Windows, from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\pdapp.exe

This is what I have after installing PS-CC on my computer, so maybe your app name is different since you don't have CC, but at least try running this if the Help / Updates... never becomes active when you're offline.

If Updates… doesn’t become active when you’re offline, then you might want to create a shortcut to this program somewhere to more easily get to it and tweak things as needed.  It’d think you’d want to enable updates when you planned to be online and have time to do them so disabling the PDApp, entirely, probably isn’t a good idea.

Here is what I see when I look at the AAM preferences, where the Camera Raw checkboxes are at the bottom.

I have PSE11, PS-CS6 and PS-CC 14.2 all installed so have multiple camera-raw plug-in update rows, and I think Camera Raw 7 is the one for CS6 even though it is technically ACR 8.x, so you may only have that one:

2014-02-04_150107.png

• 6. Re: camera raw doesn't work on my new CS 6 ( offline computer )!
                    xxx+++ Level 1

Thank you for your help and your time! how far the problem resolved, I hope that will not happen again, the computer is still offline.
                    thanks!