2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2014 6:38 AM by JWsscreen

Flash Player Support

JWsscreen

I have tried downloading/installing Flash Player at least 20 times. On each occasion it says "download sucessful". I have followed your procedures on the internet (enabling various elements...active scripting, the other name for Flash Player, etc). After the install I get "Thank you for installing Flash Player" I hope you enjoy usinhg it" etc., etc. A few times I saw the Flash Player Icon in the system tray but as soon as I get out of the web site it disappears. Afterwords, neither "downloads" ort "All Programs" do not have Flash Player in them. What am I diong wrong?

To do the above, I have tried to follow your help web pages.

I use Photoshop and Acrobat XI Pro. I'd sure like to have Flash Player operating.

Thanks

[private data removed]

• 1. Re: Flash Player Support
          Mike M Level 6

You'll never find it in Programs because it ISN'T a program. It's a "plug-in" for your browser. You'll find it in C/Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash, and on 64 bit systems it's also in C/Windows/SysWOW64/Macromed/Flash.

You'll see whether it's enabled by clicking the "gear" icon in IE and choosing "Manage Add-ons", or in Firefox, clicking Tools>Add-ons and looking under the Plug-ins tab.

Oh, it's extremely unwise to post your personal info (phone number especially) in a PUBLIC FORUM. ID theft, stalking and worse can be done from just that tidbit. I'll have it removed but don't do it again.

• 2. Re: Flash Player Support
            JWsscreen Level 1

Mike,

Thanks.  I'm pr4etty much a "dummy" on this. I went to the manage add-ons

and found nothing that talked/looked like flash player. The only Adobe stuff

was three .pdf toolbars and 2 Java SSV helpers.

Do I need to do something else?

Thanks

JAck