• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove the message ".. install the Flash Player Plugins"

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Internet Explorer 11 in Window 8.1 64bits.

Many web pages gave me the message " Install the Flash Player Plugins". So I choose "install" then at the end of installation process ,

program gave me the message "I don't have to install the Flash Player. I have recent version.

The Other community told me "I have to uninstall and reinstall the Flash Player", I treid to that.

But I fail  to uninstall that. I downloaded the uninstall program and run it.

but fail to remove c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player for Internet Explorer in WIndows 8 & 8.1 is embedded in the browser by Microsoft, and you cannot install it, uninstall it, repair it, or update it from here. There are registry keys and a Windows Update patch that prevent it.

You can only update it via Windows Update.

IE11 which comes with Windows 8.1 is a "rolling train wreck" as far as browsers go. It tops Vista as the worst thing the loons in Redmond, WA have ever unleashed on the computing world. Thinking they were sly, the bozos in development deliberately screwed up the "User-Agent Strings" that allow websites to identify the browser when you visit their site. (IE11's User Agent Strings). Some sites will misidentify it as "Webkit/Gecko" or Mozilla Firefox, while the rest just can't identify it at all. The pages can't recognize the browser, so they don't recognize any of the plugins, like Flash Player, so you're told you need to update it when you already have the latest version. So far, Microsoft has made NO indication that they have any plan to fix it soon, because they're still convinced this is a good thing.

Microsoft's recommendation is to use Compatibility View for affected pages, and "pretend" you're using an different browser. Trouble with that is... it has seen limited success at best, and you have to individually enable it for EVERY page that has problems.

I'm not big on "pretending" so I recommend actually using another browser.

Firefox (from Mozilla)

Opera (from Opera)

Safari (from Apple)

Chrome (from Google)

ANY of those will work where IE11 won't, with the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers), and Chrome doesn't even need that because it has its own Flash Player plugin built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines