7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2014 2:10 PM by A.T. Romano

Photoshop Premiere Elements 11 as second program on a laptop

Fix und Foxy

I have the program Adobe Premiere Elements 11 installed on a new laptop. I now want to edit on the laptop a document created on my PC project. The system installed on the laptop program will not load the video files but so that the clips appear in terms of time for processing, but not as images. Where is the problem?

• 1. Re: Photoshop Premiere Elements 11 as second program on a laptop
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Fix and Foxy

I am not understanding your details clearly.

I now want to edit on the laptop a document created on my PC project. The system installed on the laptop program will not load the video files but so that the clips appear in terms of time for processing, but not as images.

I understand that you have Premiere Elements 11 on your new laptop computer (is Premiere Elements 11 installed on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit or something else?)

What are the properties of what you want to import into Premiere Elements 11 for video editing? Here I am looking for video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio.

What is this

a document created on my PC project.

Please give details on this document and on what program you created it on your PC?

If you need clarification on any of my questions, please do not hestiate to let me know.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Photoshop Premiere Elements 11 as second program on a laptop
            Fix und Foxy Level 1

Good evening

I made a film project with Premiere Elements 11 on my computer, Windows 7. Now I tried to continue this work on my laptop, but it does not work and I cannot find the problem.

Photo of my project when I work with it on my computer:

When I try to continue the work on the project with my laptop, I receive the following message:

After asking for the activating code I'd liked to continue to work on the project with my laptop, but now the movie and the clips are showed like this:

I cannot find out what the problem is. Do you have an idea what I did not correct?

Thank you very much for your help, kind regards

Daniel Gruenenfelder

Von: A.T. Romano forums_noreply@adobe.com

Gesendet: Dienstag, 4. Februar 2014 17:04

An: Fix und Foxy

Betreff: Photoshop Premiere Elements 11 as second program on a laptop

Re: Photoshop Premiere Elements 11 as second program on a laptop

created by A.T. Romano <http://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/6084779#6084779

• 3. Re: Photoshop Premiere Elements 11 as second program on a laptop
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel Gruenenfelder

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately your images that would have detailed your situation did not post.

It may have been because you did not post to the forum through a computer browser but you used instead a cell phone for sending, not sure.

Could you try again with jpg images and using the camera icon at the top of your reply (from computer browser to access Premiere Elements Forum)?

Points of interest

1. Are you going from Windows 7 computer to a laptop with a Windows operating system? Premiere Elements Windows projects are not compatible in Premiere Elements Mac.

2. Assuming that you are going from Windows computer to Windows laptop, you must take with you the project.prel file and the source media that went into the project. This might be done by archiving the Windows computer project (File Menu/Project Archiver and its Copy option). Then putting the saved resulting Copied Folder on a USB Flash Drive to transfer all that to the Windows laptop. Once the Copied Folder is on the Windows laptop...open the Folder, right click the project.prel and select Open With Premiere Elements 11.

The attachments that did not get posted may tell more of the story. But right now, I suspect that you have hit the media offline/missing media syndrome (colorful displays) because you did not take into account that source media needs to travel with the project.prel in this type of situation.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Photoshop Premiere Elements 11 as second program on a laptop
                Fix und Foxy Level 1

Hello A.T.Romano

Thank you for your information. Attached the photos as jpg's.

Kind regards

Daniel Gruenenfelder

Von: A.T. Romano forums_noreply@adobe.com

Gesendet: Dienstag, 4. Februar 2014 21:31

created by A.T. Romano <http://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/6085793#6085793

• 5. Re: Photoshop Premiere Elements 11 as second program on a laptop
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Cell phone messages do not allow attachements

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30 for screen shot instructions

• 6. Re: Photoshop Premiere Elements 11 as second program on a laptop
                    Fix und Foxy Level 1

Hello John

Sorry, but this was not a cell phone message, it was an e-mail.

Kind regards

Daniel Gruenenfelder

Von: John T Smith forums_noreply@adobe.com

Gesendet: Dienstag, 4. Februar 2014 22:43

created by John T Smith <http://forums.adobe.com/people/JohnTSmith>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/6086107#6086107

• 7. Re: Photoshop Premiere Elements 11 as second program on a laptop
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel Gruenenfelder

Please do not send via those emails. Navigation of the forum with these sendings continues to be a puzzlement for me too. But, from what I have been able to put together, you need to do the reply with sending by opening the computer browser, going to the Adobe Forums address, and accessing your reply in your thread.

Please do not give up.

Even though I am almost certain that you are in the middle of a media offline situation, we do need to confirm that before making any final conclusion.

Thanks.

ATR