Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5: rollover slidelet issue

Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have inserted 4 rollover slidelets into my Captivate 5 project.  However, I have gotten only 2 to work successfully, although the steps are identical.

On my slide I started with a rectangle and a text caption, and then duplicated both and made the duplicated rectangle and text caption invisible to begin with.

And then I inserted the rollover slidelet so it would:

• On click, go to the next slide.
  • On rollover, execute advanced actions where the hidden rectangle and text caption will show.  And the rollover image is the entire background.  I inserted the same background as the rollover image.

I also have a tiny click box sitting in the corner which will pause the project, and on success, will continue.

The hidden rectangle and the hidden text captions are at the top layers, followed by the click box and the rollover slidelet, and then the visible rectable and text caption.

The issues have been inconsistent, but the latest one is that on it won't advance to the next slide on click.

If I take out the advanced action so on rollover, do nothing, then it does go to the next slide on click.  As soon as I put the advanced actions back, it does correctly show those hidden items and rollover image on rollover, but it won't go to the next slide.

What I'm ultimately trying to accomplish is to highlight an area of the screen, simulating the experience of clicking, dragginh and zooming in on a section of that image.  The next slide is the recorded movement of the area of the image being zoomed in.   If I used a click box to begin the click and drag movement, the user must release the mouse click, or it won't advance to the next slide.  Therefore I'm trying this slidelet so that even if the user clicked and hold the mouse, it would still go to the next slide without having to release the mouse button.

My first two slidelets worked just fine by following the exact same steps, but #3 and #4 don't seem to work on click.  I suspect that the advanced action scripts could be corrupt somehow, but I haven't found a way to address that.

Any help would be appreciated, whether on troubleshooting the slidelet, or suggestion on another way to go about achieving the clicking, dragging and zooming experience.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Stephanie, welcome to the forum;

Can you first check if you have overlapping rollover areas/slidelets?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is only one slidelet on this slide, and no other rollover captions or images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very confused by your explanation: "rollover image is the entire background"... then it does overlap with the rollover area, or how do you realize that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I thought you meant if there's another rollover item that overlaps with this slidelet.  Yes, in that sense the rollover image will cover the entire slide, thus overlapping with other items.  That's why I duplicated the rectangle and text caption so that when rollover, these two will show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave some warning about using rollover slidelets in this blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/playtime-with-audio-and-widgets

Since you are on CP5, no HTML5 output, I really recommend the EventHandler widget by InfoSemantics, which allows you to have as many events as you wish for each object. You can download a trial version.

http://www.infosemantics.com.au/adobe-captivate-widgets/event-handler-interactive

If you want to stay with your present workflow, why don't you show the background as well with the advanced action triggered on rollover? You don't really need the slidelet, can drag it off the stage, you only need the rollover area to trigger the actions on rollover and on click.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Lilybiri.  You are so smart!  Making the rollover image tiny in a corner (4 pix by 4 pix at position 0:0) does the trick.  It reduced the need to have duplicated text caption and rectangle invisible in order to bring them to the top again.  Without executing the advanced action, the slide will now advance to the next on click, without having to release the mouse.

You have saved the date!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, you can even put it outside of the slide, it sounds strange, but you don't need to have a rollover slidelet to use the rollover area

Thread is still unanswered for the moment? Which problems do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources