2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2014 8:49 AM by briegull@gmail.com

How do I package part of a publication

briegull@gmail.com

I have found errors on the blueline returned from the printer. I have made changes in InDesign. I now must submit new PDFs to the printer for a few pages, including fonts and images. Is there a way to do that other than sending the entire font file and the entire image file to the printer? 

• 1. Re: How do I package part of a publication
          John Mensinger Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Your question is somewhat confusing.

briegull@gmail.com wrote:

I now must submit new PDFs to the printer for a few pages, including fonts and images. Is there a way to do that other than sending the entire font file and the entire image file to the printer? 

1. A PDF does not require that fonts and images be packaged separately.

2. If your reference to PDF is erroneous, and we are actually talking about packaged InDesign assets, the printer already produced a proof, thus they must already have had the fonts and images. You would only need to transfer them again if you added a new font to the mix and/or if you made changes to one or more image files themselves.

• 2. Re: How do I package part of a publication
            briegull@gmail.com Level 1

Well, that's what I thought too, but I was told I should supply the images and fonts again. I've decided to package every chapter with changes again, then create pdfs of just the pages with changes. It's a waste of bandwidth - it's full color, 128 pages, very graphics intensive - to send them all again, but  it's easy enough to do.  Anyone with a better suggestion, I'd welcome it!