• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Single Quotes Prevent Email from Sending

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got Coldfusion 10 with all of the updates applied and I'm having problems sending email with the CFMAIL tag.  It seems as though the spooler just won't send any emails that have a single quote in the address.  Any thoughts on how this could be solved?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Okay, after doing some more research I'm thinking this actually has to do with qmail, and not ColdFusion.  Vishu, thank you so much for your help and pushing me in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this really not a problem for anyone else?

I mean, it is a legitimate email address.  If I email the person through outlook it works just fine, but if my system tries to send her an email through coldfusion the mail spooler just fails every time.

The spooler sends the messages off to a qmail server, which handles all of our delivery.  Could that have something to do with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested the same and it's working for me. What's happening at your end? Are the e-mails going to Undelivr folder? If yes, then what happens, if you move the Undelivr mails to Spool folder manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the emails go the Undelivr folder.  If I try to manually move them back to Spool they just drop right back into Undelivr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<cfmail from='your e-mail address' to='your e-mail address' subject=test>

Hi! This is a test e-mail

</cfmail>

Test the above and share the response. Also, check the logs for the same and share the error as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the code I used (minus the actual customer's email address):

<cfmail from="chrisl@higheredjobs.com" to="customerEmail" subject="test">

Hi! This is a test e-mail

</cfmail>

Here is the mail message that immediately went into the Undelivr folder:

type:  text/plain; charset=UTF-8

server:  stuff here

server-username: stuff here

server-password:  more stuff

to:   customerEmail

subject:  test

X-Mailer:  ColdFusion 10 Application Server

body: 

body:  Hi! This is a test e-mail

Here is the error I get in the log:

javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses; nested exception is: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 511 sorry, recipient address has invalid format (#5.1.1 - chkuser)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, after doing some more research I'm thinking this actually has to do with qmail, and not ColdFusion.  Vishu, thank you so much for your help and pushing me in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sounds great that your issue is resolved. Please mark this post as correct so that it will be beneficial for other Adobe ColdFusion users.

Have a great day ahead

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation