2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2014 1:22 PM by kimww

In Design linking objects fails

kimww Level 1

In Design CS6. Linking objects fails with this msg: Cannot Place this file. No filter found for requested operation. Win 7 64bit, 24GB RAM, i7 Quad, Design & Web Premium CS6. How do I fix this?

• 1. Re: In Design linking objects fails
          Frans van der Geest (ACP) Adobe Community Professional

Before we can ever answer this we need to know first WHAT you are trying to place! PSD, JPEG, TIFF, or Text (ASCII, Doc, RTF)...?

• 2. Re: In Design linking objects fails
            kimww Level 1

Placing various objects. TIF, AI, PSD. This was a large book file with over 2000 missing links.

I was able to talk to Adobe support after leaving this message. He mentioned to consider my Drop Box downloaded file possubly corrupt. I downloaded the package for a third time and the file opened as it should, linking just as it should.

Thanks so much for getting back to me, and thanks to Adobe for supporting CS6 for no additional cost after the Suite purchase.

Unfortunately after the second download didn't work, I spent over 24 hours looking for the answer to this issue. Next time I'll download my files again first.