8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2014 6:56 PM by Shalshelet

combine multiple animations/moving a motion tween path location

Shalshelet

I have three similar animations that are stalling on preload as it's referencing the data from dropbox. We thought that it might be faster if it loaded only once, so I am now trying to combine the animations into a single scene. I'm having trouble copying and pasting the animation. I'm not quite sure where the problem originates from. I did, originally, successfully reproduce the animation and apply it to the separate elements when making them on separate stages, but now I see one of the elements (I'll call it GREEN) has a motion tween, and I'm not sure why the others (ORANGE and BLUE) are set to X, Y motion. I specifically recall having created them via motion tween, but at least they are still moving the way I created them to.

When I copy and paste > All, GREEN (with its motion tween) is placed on the stage at X=45 coordinate, and i need the whole path to be moved over to X=643. When I drag, it only affects the current location, plus there are a couple of "points" on the line that don't have keyframes associated with them, so it has been nerving to try and set them this way. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

• 1. Re: combine multiple animations/moving a motion tween path location
          jbowden Adobe Employee

Hi there,

Try setting the playhead to the start point of the Location transition, group the element (Modify > Group Elements), and then drag the group to x: 643. Then ungroup and the entire animation should have come along for the ride.

hth,

Joe

• 2. Re: combine multiple animations/moving a motion tween path location
            Shalshelet Level 1

Thank you Joe,

It helped!

A second question (should I make a new thread in the future?) the GREEN and BLUE symbols loop on the timeline continuously. Right now so does the ORANGE one. I just want the ORANGE one to loop once and then stop. I have an ACTIONS marker that affects the timeline. Is there a way to just make the ORANGE one loop once and stop?

Thanks so so much!

• 3. Re: combine multiple animations/moving a motion tween path location
              jbowden Adobe Employee

Hello again,

Sure - use playback actions on the parent timeline for the orange symbol (and remove any code that may be telling it to loop elsewhere). So the idea would be to have a play action at the end of the symbol animation in the parent timeline. It would look something like this:

Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 5.18.53 PM.png

So that represents a symbol with a 1 sec. animation, with a play action set at 1 sec. That will result in the orange symbol playing just twice.

hth,

Joe

• 4. Re: combine multiple animations/moving a motion tween path location
                Shalshelet Level 1

I'm sorry, Joe. I'm still a novice here with EA, and your response appears to be above my level of current comprehension. Can you please restate in more simple terms?

Here is the parent timeline that I have at the moment:

Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 5.25.29 PM.png

the top line called "Actions" has a marker at the current play time marker. That has been telling everything to loop back to loopGRN tag on top. How do I override this and how do I create the playback action (ie. where do I control-click to get to that option, and how do I set it up)? sorry for not understanding you - I'm still learning!

thanks

• 5. Re: combine multiple animations/moving a motion tween path location
                  jbowden Adobe Employee

No problem!

So do you notice how your blueballoonCopy has those chevron marks on the timeline? That's an indication of duration in a container such as a symbol or audio element. In your case, it's a total 30 sec. of transitions, and it's a symbol. When you want to loop things differently, they should be in their own timelines, i.e. in their own symbols.

You should do two things to get this set up:

1. Convert blueballoonCopy and GREEN_KIDS_BALLOONCopy3 into a single symbol, since they will both loop endlessly from the loopGrn label to the end. Put the playhead over the loopGrn label, then select it and the trigger at the end and cut them (Edit > Cut), and then double-click on the symbol on Stage to edit it and with the playhead at the same place, paste the label and trigger. You should now have the label at 26 sec., and the trigger at the end of the timeline. Navigate back to the Stage timeline, and these two elements will now loop endlessly in the brower.
                  2. Now convert your orange_balloon element into a symbol - that will put all of its animation inside the symbol. If you want the entire animation loop twice, add a single play action to the end of the chevron (duration indicator). If you want only a part of it to loop, use a single play from action instead, and enter the timecode or label to which you want to loop back.

And now you'll have those two elements looping continuously, and the orange_balloon symbol looping just once.

hth,

Joe

• 6. Re: combine multiple animations/moving a motion tween path location
                    Shalshelet Level 1

Thanks Joe.

I managed to do step 1 (although I didn't combine the symbols, as there IS a small time lapse between the balloons) and it worked beautifully. When I attempted to do step 2, I didn't see a chevron, but put an action at the end of the timeline (where that black line stands vertical) with a single play command with 00:26 as the timecode.

When I run it now, none of the balloons loop at all.

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks

• 7. Re: combine multiple animations/moving a motion tween path location
                      Shalshelet Level 1

There is a grey chevron on the stage (not on the symbol) for the orange balloon though.

• 8. Re: combine multiple animations/moving a motion tween path location
                        Shalshelet Level 1

Nevermind. i used the plus for the playback chevron line on the stage and it appears to work.

Thanks so so much.