3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2014 3:21 PM by Kevin-Monahan

Could not launch the Adobe stabilization server.

garrettborden

I am running After Effects Cs6 creative cloud on my MacBook pro with Retina Display, Mid 2012, with 8GB RAM and Mavericks as the OS. I have some shaky video (want to stabilize only 10 seconds of video) and I cannot get Warp Stabilization to work. When I tell it to analyze, it starts and says it's analyzing video, but after 5 minutes it times out and says that it could not launch the Adobe stabilization server. Why is this? I feel like my computer should easily be able to handle this. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Could not launch the Adobe stabilization server.
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi garrettborden,

Sorry for your issue. It could be that a firewall is interrupting TCP communication (Zone Alarm, Windows Defender, and Avast are examples). Although this troubleshooting doc is for earlier versions, could you please try the steps here to allow connections and see if this fixes your issue?

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/startup-screen-hangs-premiere-after.html

Thanks,
          Kevin

• 2. Re: Could not launch the Adobe stabilization server.
            garrettborden Level 1

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for getting back with me, I didn’t have any luck with those steps. I am the administrator of my computer, and I have all connections open. I am running Mavericks on my computer. I don’t have any anti-virus stuff on here, either. I created a new user on my computer, and Warp Stabilizer worked just fine on that account. I then reinstalled AE, but still have had no luck. Are there any other programs you can think of that might be blocking it?

These are my current Firewall settings.

• 3. Re: Could not launch the Adobe stabilization server.
              Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi garrettborden,

No other application should be blocking the process. It's usually TCP communication interrupted by either Firewall or other security software.

Do you mean the "Adobe Analysis Server?" If so, check these things. Mac OS X has a built in Firewall in System Preferences. Can you see if that is set to off?

Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 3.09.14 PM.jpg

If the Firewall is set to "OFF," and you still can't use Warp Stabilizer, others have solved their issues by doing the following:

If you are still having trouble, please make a screenshot of the Activity Monitor just after you have applied a Warp Stabilizer effect. It would be helpful to see which processes are running, or not.

Thanks,
              Kevin