3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2014 12:56 PM by Todd_Kopriva

Using AE prebuilt backgrounds

JBinsearch

Are there any legal limitations on using the prebuilt animated backgrounds that are provided in AE CS6?  Can we use them in commercial projects on the web?  Can we use them for national broadcast?  I can't seem to find anything on this.

Thanks, JB

• 1. Re: Using AE prebuilt backgrounds
          bogiesan Level 4

All that stuff is included in the license, use it all you want, even to make money. You cannot package up that content to resell it and you cannot try to claim it is your work.

I think if you look carefully at the EUA, you'll find the relevant paragraphs that describe all of the stuff you can do with the digital content included with the Adobe licensing. (An example might be a music app like Apple's Garage Band or Soundtrack Pro. If the user cannot sell the finished product that includes smaples, soud effects and instruments that are included in the package, what good is the application?)

but read the EUA until you or your lawyers are confident.

I would caution you, however, that, while  Adobe's creatives have handed you a nice collection of beautiful presets and other goodies, you should make lots of effort to modify it all and put your own style on it--make it your own.

• 2. Re: Using AE prebuilt backgrounds
            JBinsearch Level 1

Thanks for the info.  Is the EUA the End User Agreement?  Where can I find it, online or otherwise?  My entire Adobe package was a volume licensing deal, so I don't remember seeing any of the typical screens (already installed on my system). 

Thank you, JB

• 3. Re: Using AE prebuilt backgrounds
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> Can we use them in commercial projects on the web?  Can we use them for national broadcast? 

Yes. Yes.