3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2014 9:48 PM by Monica MurphyTFP

EPUB 3 export errors

Monica MurphyTFP

I am exporting a book file in InDesign CC 9.2 to EPUB 3 and am getting the following errors. Is there a way to figure out where the error is occurring in the document so I can fix it?

Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 2.38.36 PM.png

• 1. Re: EPUB 3 export errors
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There have been some major changes in creating EPUB in InDesign CC 9.0 and 9.2. This document summarizes the changes:

InDesign_EPUB_Changes_CC_9.0_to_9.2.pdf

The first error may be because you're creating an internal table of contents (not the navigational TOC which all EPUBs have). If you do that, you need to recreate it from Layout > Table of Contents, making sure that you check the option "Make text anchor in source paragraph" at the bottom of the dialog box.

The other two errors refer to inline objects. For reasons documented in the linked PDF, it's better if you recreate those as anchored objects, or above line objects.

Good luck!

• 2. Re: EPUB 3 export errors
            pooja2087 Adobe Employee

Hi Monica,

The first error is regarding missing anchors. While creating TOC style you will have to make sure "Include Book Documents" and "Make text anchor in source paragraphs" are selected in TOC style options dialog. If then also these errors are coming, you can fix it by updating your Table of contents once.

Other warning is about custom Layout settings not being honored for inline objects and group children. This is because these settings are only supported on top level objects. For instance, if I apply align right setting to an image from Object Export Options, it will be respected but if I will apply the same setting to an image which is part of the group, it cannot be respected and hence the warning.

In 9.2 version, we have made an explicit change that inline text frames will be rasterised, so we are just generating a warning to let the users know that text has got rasterised, so if they wish to fix this they can make the inline text frame a custom anchored/above line objects.

Please let me know in case the issue is still not solved and you need further explanation.

Regards,

Pooja

InDesign Engineering

• 3. Re: EPUB 3 export errors
              Monica MurphyTFP Level 1

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad