The next version of Flash Player is available for immediate download. In today's release we've updated Flash Player with important security updates.
Security update details can be found here: Security Bulletin (APSB14-04)
New Features for Flash Player 12:
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 Support
Microsoft has released IE 11 on Windows 7 and we plan to officially support this in Flash Player 12.
- Mac .pkg Installation Support
Deploying Flash Player and keeping it up to date is a critical task for system administrators worldwide. In Flash Player 11.9 we added .pkg support for ease of deployment. In Flash Player 12, we've incorporated feedback from system administrators to improve the workflow and UI.
- Graphics: Buffer Usage flag for Stage3D
We've added a new enum Class called Context3DBufferUsage which defines two constants, STATIC_DRAW (default) and DYNAMIC_DRAW. These constants specify how buffers will be used in Stage3D. We've also added a new parameter, called "bufferUsage", to the constructors of VertexBuffer and IndexBuffer. This "bufferUsage" parameter uses one of the constants form Context3DBufferUsage, which will allow you to select the appropriate buffer type according to your needs.
- Stage3D Creation of Context3D with Profile Array
We've added a new interface to Stage3D.requestContext3DMatchingProfiles(profiles:Vector.<String> ) which will create a Context3D with highest level suitable profile that is in profile array, based on the current hardware. A developer can check the newly added property 'profile' to obtain the current profile that was chosen by the Flash Runtime.
Notable Fixes and Enhancements:
- Security Fixes
- Due to a recent issue discovered with the last released versions of Flash Player 11.9 (version 11.9.900.170 ) and Flash Player 12.0 ( version 12.0.043 ), audio or video playback when streaming over an RTMFP based peer to peer connection, including direct peer to peer, ip multicast or app level multicast configurations, will fail on IE 9 and IE 10 browsers. The issue does not affect Firefox, Chrome or Safari browsers.
The fix will be made available in the next Flash Player 12 update. Until then we recommend users use an alternate browser for applications that use p2p real time communications, including audio, video, data conferencing or chat applications. The following behaviors will be modified in Safari 6.1 and higher in Safe Mode:
- AIR Badge Installs - AIR Badge Installer will not launch an installer when running Safari 7 in Safe Mode. Users will instead see a dialog with a link to more details and workarounds on an Adobe website.
- Adobe Connect Plug-In Install - The Connect Plug-In Express Install will no longer work on Safari 7 in Safe Mode. Users will instead see a dialog with a link to more details on an Adobe website.
- Flash Player Global Settings - When a users launches the Global Settings menu from the Flash Player context menu on Safari 7 in Safe Mode, the user will be taken to the classic SWF-based preferences menu on an Adobe website, instead of the native Flash Player settings UI in the MacOS Control Panel.
- LocalConnection - When a LocalConnection is constructed from a SWF hosted in Safe Mode, it may only establish a connection with other SWFs also hosted in Safe Mode. If a LocalConnection is constructed from a tab with Safe Mode disabled, it will not be able to communicate with a SWF in a Safe Mode tab.
For complete information please see our release notes.
Current Flash Player desktop users that have enrolled in either the "Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)" will receive this update automatically and silently within 24 hours. Users that have selected "Notify me to install updates" update options will receive an update notification dialog within 7 days from today (please note that Windows users will need to restart their system to receive the notification dialog.)
If you would like to install the update immediately, please use one of the links below:
Flash Player 12 desktop for Windows XP, Vista and 7 and Internet Explorer: 22.214.171.124
Flash Player 12 desktop for Windows XP, Vista and 7 and Other Browsers: 126.96.36.199
Flash Player 12 for Windows 8.1 64-Bit and Internet Explorer: 188.8.131.52
Flash Player 12 for Windows 8.1 32-Bit and Internet Explorer: 184.108.40.206
Flash Player 12 for Windows 8.0 64-Bit and Internet Explorer: 220.127.116.11
Flash Player 12 for Windows 8.0 32-Bit and Internet Explorer: 18.104.22.168
Please note that both Flash Player for Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer for Windows 8 are updated using different mechanisms. Flash Player for Google Chrome updates will occur during regular Chrome updates. Flash Player updates for Internet Explorer on Windows 8 will be provided by Microsoft though the Windows automatic update feature.
Flash Player 12 desktop for Mac: 22.214.171.124
Flash Player 11.2 desktop for Linux: 126.96.36.1996
On July 9th, 2013 we changed the version of our "extended support release" from Flash Player 10.3 to Flash Player 11.7 for Mac and Windows. To continue to stay current with all available security updates you will need to install the 11.7 extended support release or update to the most recent available release (11.9, etc.). For full details, please see this blog post:
Flash Player 11.7 desktop for Windows, Macintosh and Linux: 11.7.700.261
Previous versions of Flash Player can be found on the Archived Flash Player page
If you encounter a problems with broken or missing links, please clear your browser cache and try again. If the problem persists, please create a new post in our forum or send email to email@example.com.