4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2014 10:12 AM by B_spies

SCUP with Flash ActiveX update APSB14-04 a.k.a. 12.0.0.44

B_spies Level 1

Having problems again with this new update, very similar to previous discusion with 12.0.0.38 (http://forums.adobe.com/message/6085819)

The issue appears to be the SCUP rule is looking for HKLM\Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\Safeversions\12.0 >='44'

But when I deploy the update to a test machine this registry entry is not created and in fact even though I am on 12.0.0.38 already this value does not exist at all in that version either.  Therefore SCCM/SCUP tells me the install failed, even though I can see it is present if I go to a flash-enabled website in IE to test.

This is though: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayerActiveX\Version but it is equal to 12,0,0,44  (not periods??? comma's?)

This is being reported as a very urgent update to deploy.  Hopefully this thread will get someone's attention and this will be rectified.  I would attempt to alter the installable and installed rules but since the registry version value has comma's in it I am not certain as to the best way to do that.

Thank you