7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2014 8:14 PM by Stillcrazy RSS

Dreamweaver CS5.5 11.5.1 Updater, Install Instructions, WHERE?

Stillcrazy Community Member

I reinstalled DW CS5.5 and wanted to try a manual install of the updates since the auto-updater in the program constanly FAILS with the Mobile Application Development (Android app). So I went to http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html#dwcs551151 ,

There you find three updates for DW CS5.5; Mobile Application Development, jQuery Mobile 1.0 Extension for Dreamweaver CS5.5 and Dreamweaver CS5.5 11.5.1 Updater.

I figured I'd start with the Dreamweaver CS5.5 11.5.1 Updater since it was the oldest post date, BUT, when I downloaded the Windows file and opened the ZIP file I now find a ton of files in it, mostly from what I saw as "language" files, plus many more, but no readme file with instructions on how to run the updates, and only one .EXE file called AdobePatchInstaller that when clicked would bring up a window stating it FAILED.

What now Adobe support, that customers really do not receive. If they did Adobe would have fixed this Mobile Application update si it functioned CORRECTLY, years ago, but has not and that's why even in the NEW software, CS6, is having the same error issues.

Obviously I have not bothered to download the other two updates, why go through this over and over again? Oh, I did receive an earlier response from one of your tech folks, but he had me do the same thing with uninstall and reinstall and try auto-update again, where as he said for the 2nd time to contact him if I experienced the same errors, which I did, twice already.