4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2014 8:27 AM by A.T. Romano

How do I re-install Premiere Elements 12

Stelvio

Hi, I recently uninstalled Premiere Elements 12.

I have no idea how to re-install it.

I still have the serial number from the initial purchase.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: How do I re-install Premiere Elements 12
          nealeh Level 5

Either double-click your original download file, or if retail insert the disk. With the disk inserted it should automatically start the installer. If it doesn't explore the disk with your file manager and run the setup.exe file.

If none of this works for you download the trial from http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=premiere_elements&loc=us and enter your serial number when prompted.

NB: This is a public forum , never post your serial number here.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 2. Re: How do I re-install Premiere Elements 12
            Stelvio Level 1

Thank you for your prompt response.

I purchased online, so do not have the original disk.

I downloaded the trial and entered (copy+paste) the serial at the appropriate screen - invalid serial.

Not sure why, will just cry myself to sleep.

Thanks,

Paul

• 3. Re: How do I re-install Premiere Elements 12
              nealeh Level 5

Might it have been PRE11? It and 12 look very similar. If you purchased from Adobe you should be able to download your version again from the 'My Orders' section of 'My Adobe'. and you should be able to verify your serial number in the 'My Products' section.

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 4. Re: How do I re-install Premiere Elements 12
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Paul

Are you doing this reinstall on the same computer from which you uninstalled it?

It is important to verify that you have the correct purchased serial number. If you purchased the product online, you should be able to find that information after you sign in with your Adobe ID and password at http://www.adobe.com, go to My Adobe/My Products.

If you verify you have the right purchased serial number and continue to get the invalid serial

a. shut off your anti-virus and firewalls before trying to reinstall (the same way that you installed it in the first place...and/or see Setup.exe in Premiere Elements Folder).

b. If that does not help, then you need to contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=serial-number-issues-o r-activating-my-product

After you click on the link to open it, click on "I still need help" to bring up the Adobe Chat.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR