7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2014 7:50 AM by the_wine_snob

Err0r 126

L0nsdale98

I have successfully installed Adobe Element 12 and have now tried to install Premier - when I try to launch I get an "error 126" message. I am using Windows 7.

Is there a telephone support no in the UK please - I cannot find any help atall!!

• 1. Re: Err0r 126
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

L0nsdale98 did you receive any errors during the installation process?  Please see Troubleshoot install using logs | Elements - http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-install-using-logs-elements.html for information on how to locate and interpret your installation log files.

• 2. Re: Err0r 126
            L0nsdale98 Level 1

Thanks for your reply. The install went smoothly. I get the error message when I try to lauch premier movie editor - new project. The organizer opens correctly.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Err0r 126
              Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Thank you for the update L0nsdale98 I have moved this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.  The participants in this forum will likely have additional steps to suggestion to troubleshoot Premiere Elements specifically.

• 4. Re: Err0r 126
                A.T. Romano Level 7

L0nsdale98

Regarding your Premiere Elements 12 Windows 7 (presumed 64 bit) issue.

Please go to Computer/Manage/Event Viewer/Windows Log/Applications and inspect there for any Errors that were just placed there relating to your Error 126.

After the program installed and you restarted your computer, were you met by a Sign In dialog requiring you to sign in with your Adobe ID and password? Did that Sign In work?

More later.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Err0r 126
                  L0nsdale98 Level 1

Hello ATR

Thanks for your reply. Yes the sign in has worked np problem. Also worked with Adobe Workshop Elements 12. Yes 64bit

Sorry I’m not too technical and don’t quite follow route “Computer/Manage/Event Viewer/Windows Log/Applications.” Is this somewhere under Control Panel.

Thanks and regards

Lonsdale

• 6. Re: Err0r 126
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

L0sdale98

Thanks for the reply.

In reflection, probably the easiest way to Event Viewer...

Click on the Start Button

In the Search Field that appears above the Start button, type in Event Viewer.

Then at the top of that left column, you will see Event Viewer.

Click on Event Viewer and, when that opens, go to Windows Logs/Application which should look like the following screenshot.

EventViewer.JPG

Give the Application space time to fill with its entries and look for entries that may apply to your problem situation (the Application space in the screenshot is blank because I did not give it time to populate with data).

The Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Application may or may not have the information needed but it worth a look.

We will be watching for further developments and will be adding more comments depending on your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Err0r 126
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

LOnsdale98,

When you have opened the Windows Event Viewer, via ATR's instructions, be sure to look for both Error and Warning messages in the Applications pane, about the time of the crash. Be sure to check each one out, and for any with links, please follow those links, and report on what they reveal.

Note: some Error and Warning messages will likely have blocks of obscure code. Those will not be helpful, but any with text, or links can be.

I would also check out the System Tab, at the time of the crash, in addition to the Applications Tab, as there could be something deeper at play.

Good luck, and please report what those Events yield.

Hunt