7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2014 8:57 PM by A.T. Romano

Elements 10

Dazza - wildvision Level 1

Hi there,  Can anyone please tell me how I can disolve on a clients logo over existing footage using Adobe Elelemenst 10?  Darrell

• 1. Re: Elements 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Dazza - wildvision

Could you explain further what you seek?

Are you asking how to fade in and fade out a logo over content on the track below it?

If so, logo on Video 2, existing footage on Video 1 directly below.

Right click the logo on Video 2, select Fade, and then Fade In Video. Repeat, this time selecting Fade, and then Fade Out Video.

After you do that there should be white dots on the orange line (rubberband) that runs horizontally through the clip (one set of white dots at the far left, one set at the far right). You can adjust those white dots which are Opacity keyframes to customize the Fade In on the left side and the Fade Out on the right side for Opacity % on timing.

Please let us know if any of the above targets your question.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Elements 10

Thanks for your reply,  yes I have tried that but all that happens is the logo replaces the footage!!  ...what I want is for the logo to be overlayed in the bottom of frame on top of the video?  I have tried everything..is this something Elements 10 is incapable of doing?  Can you send me a video of anyone doing it?  I cant find one on the entire internet so I must assume now that its not possible to over lay logos into existing footage using elements 10?

cheers

Darrell Brown

0418-954-858

wildvision1@gmail.com

DarrellBrownPhotography.com.au

• 3. Re: Elements 10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Darrell Brown

If necessary I can provide screenshots of techniques, but...

The logo and be positioned so that it appears to be at the bottom of the video, but the logo exists on the track directly above the video below.

If you drag a file into the video on Video 1, depends how you do it, you overlay that portion of Video 1 content. Done a certain way, you might even break the video and insert the logo in the split video.

The only way that I see it possible for the logo to replace the Video 1 footage is if you have not dragged out the logo file so that its duration on Video 2 matches the duration of the video file on Video 1 below. Is that a possibility? What I described initially should not cause the logo to replace the footage.

Fades.JPG

Please check out the above to see if we are in sync on this. If not, please give more details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Elements 10

Your a legend!!!!

Darrell Brown

0418-954-858

wildvision1@gmail.com

• 5. Re: Elements 10
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Dazza - wildvision

Does your latest message mean the great news that I hope it does?

Mission accomplished?

If so, great news. If not, more details please and we will work away at sorting out the matter.

ATR

• 6. Re: Elements 10

Yes, mission accomplished.  I wasn't far away just had the logo on the wrong video track. So thank so much for your help.  Very much appreciated.

Darrell Brown

0418-954-858

wildvision1@gmail.com

• 7. Re: Elements 10
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Dazza - wildvision

Great.

About to call it a day, and wonderful news to cap off the day.

ATR