• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No permission to copy book to my ereader

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the digital editions 2.0 I now have a problem transferring books to my Aluratek Pro ereader.  Error message says "no permission to copy the book".

I didn't have a problem before, but now any of the 39 books I have on digital editions, I can no longer transfer to the ereader.

Please help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Digital Editions worked fine until I created a new user account on my husband's computer and now I can't transfer books either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2014 Feb 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution through help from my library. My problem was the I authorized ADE in my new user account with an Adobe ID that was different from my Nook ID. Then I couldn't get help from Adobe to fix that (they rely on these forums too much). So I went back to the library helpdesk and they told me how to delete my Adobe ID and re-authorize:

Resetting your Computer's Adobe authorization
1. Open Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) if it's not already open.

2. Press Ctrl + Shift + D (Command + Shift +D on a Mac) on your keyboard.

3. Select Erase Authorization, then OK.

4. Try authorizing your computer again by going to Help > Authorize computer.

I did this and re-authorized with a matching Adobe ID and can now transfer books. I cn't transfer books I took out with the unmatched ID though, so I'm not sure that this will cure your exact problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2014 Feb 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!!! That did the trick. All works well now.

Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 08:30:49 -0800

To: dp1651@hotmail.com

Subject: No permission to copy book to my ereader

Re: No permission to copy book to my ereader

created by MAK_NC in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion

I found the solution through help from my library. My problem was the I authorized ADE in my new user account with an Adobe ID that was different from my Nook ID. Then I couldn't get help from Adobe to fix that (they rely on these forums too much). So I went back to the library helpdesk and they told me how to delete my Adobe ID and re-authorize:

Resetting your Computer's Adobe authorization

1. Open Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) if it's not already open.

2. Press Ctrl + Shift + D (Command + Shift +D on a Mac) on your keyboard.

3. Select Erase Authorization, then OK.

4. Try authorizing your computer again by going to Help > Authorize computer.

I did this and re-authorized with a matching Adobe ID and can now transfer books. I cn't transfer books I took out with the unmatched ID though, so I'm not sure that this will cure your exact problem.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6123550#6123550

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines