2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2014 10:03 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I import my Canon ELPH 330 HS video clips into Premiere Elements 7?

brdonlon

How do I import my ELPH 330 HS video clips into Elements 7?

• 1. Re: How do I import my Canon ELPH 330 HS video clips into Premiere Elements 7?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

brdonlon

The first thing we need to know are the properties of your video clips?

What is the video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, and pixel aspect ratio.

Do you have that information? I am still searching the Internet for that information based on your camera brand and model.

I suspect you have H.264.mov, maybe 1080p, but it would save a lot of time if you knew that information and supplied it.

How do you intend to export your Timeline which will contain this edited video?

More later.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I import my Canon ELPH 330 HS video clips into Premiere Elements 7?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

brdonlon

I found an article on the Canon 330 HS indicating that is offers a H.264 file with a .mov file extension.

The frame size could be 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720 or a lesser resolution. It looks like all the frame rate

are progressive 24, 30, 120, 240 frames per second. So, what is your camera set to record?

Like all versions of Premiere Elements you would need to have the latest version of QuickTime installed.

If you are shooting 1920 x 1080p30, you will need to import that with the project preset of

NTSC

AVCHD

Full 1080i30

(Premiere Elements 7 does not have a project preset to cover 1080p)

The file would be imported via the program's Get Media/Files and Folders.

But once you confirm the above, I can give you details on how to export that as 1080p from Premiere Elements 7 if that is your intended export.

So, more details please.

We will be watching for further details.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Information based on

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/canon-330hs/canon-330hsDAT.HTM