1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 3, 2007 3:19 AM by Newsgroup_User

Suggestions for Flex Builder for Linux

cdelashm
      I'm new to Flex, and I have to say that I'm enjoying it quite a lot. I think the thing that really helps speed up development is good tools. Flex Builder 3 for Linux makes a good start at providing a very nice development tool, but there are a couple of things I'd like to see different with this tool.

First off, please give me an update site to use to install Flex Builder. I use Red Hat Developer Studio (soon to be JBoss Developer Studio, Eclipse 3.2 based), and I can't get FB 3 Alpha for Linux to install into it. I have been successful with base Eclipse Europa and FB 3, but I'd like to have my IDE tools in one frame. An update site would let me add FB 3 into any Eclipse flavor I choose, as long as it supported the appropriate components.

Next, Design mode for FB 3 is a must. I am very functional with the content assist features in the source editor (and they are _quite_ good, I must say), but design view really helps me preview changes quickly and rapidly test out UI designs. Much faster than writing and launching over and over.

Otherwise, great work, and please get out a new release soon!
        • 1. Re: Suggestions for Flex Builder for Linux
          Level 7
          cdelashm wrote:
          > I'm new to Flex, and I have to say that I'm enjoying it quite a lot. I think
          > the thing that really helps speed up development is good tools. Flex Builder 3
          > for Linux makes a good start at providing a very nice development tool, but
          > there are a couple of things I'd like to see different with this tool.
          >
          > First off, please give me an update site to use to install Flex Builder. I
          > use Red Hat Developer Studio (soon to be JBoss Developer Studio, Eclipse 3.2
          > based), and I can't get FB 3 Alpha for Linux to install into it. I have been
          > successful with base Eclipse Europa and FB 3, but I'd like to have my IDE tools
          > in one frame. An update site would let me add FB 3 into any Eclipse flavor I
          > choose, as long as it supported the appropriate components.
          >
          > Next, Design mode for FB 3 is a must. I am very functional with the content
          > assist features in the source editor (and they are _quite_ good, I must say),
          > but design view really helps me preview changes quickly and rapidly test out UI
          > designs. Much faster than writing and launching over and over.
          >
          > Otherwise, great work, and please get out a new release soon!
          >
          >
          Thank you for your valuable feedback. Can you please take 2 minutes to
          log an Enhancement Bug in the bug base so we can track your request and
          work on it as we proceed.

http://bugs.adobe.com/jira (Choose Flex Builder Linux Project)

Thanks
          Arun