4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2007 1:44 PM by Newsgroup_User

navigation bar

pt35
      someone please tell me how I can make a navigation bar that will take the viewer from the top of the page to the middle or bottom of the page. I know how to link to different pages but not within the same page. In other words, how can a viewer jump from the top of the page to the bottom by just clicking a button at the top?
        • 1. Re: navigation bar
          Level 7
          DW, F1 (help) put "anchor" in search - choose "Linking to a specific place"
          Hope this helps

--
          Jo

"pt35" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:f407q4$5ah$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > someone please tell me how I can make a navigation bar that will take the
          > viewer from the top of the page to the middle or bottom of the page. I
          > know how
          > to link to different pages but not within the same page. In other words,
          > how
          > can a viewer jump from the top of the page to the bottom by just clicking
          > a
          > button at the top?
          >

• 2. Re: navigation bar
            MikeL7 Level 1
            You need a 'Named Anchor' look on the insert bar for the anchor symbol ir in the insert menu, if you want to goto the bottom of the page move the cursor to the location and Click Insert- Named Anchor, and type in a name, "Bottom", then at the top put text (or button) and select it, then just like a link use the point to file and drag the line to your anchor, or type #Bottom - name of anchor you choose- in the Link field.
            • 3. Re: navigation bar
              pt35 Level 1
              thank you sooooooooooo much!
              • 4. Re: navigation bar
                Level 7
                You're welcome (-:

--
                Jo

"pt35" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:f41r2p$7qc$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > thank you sooooooooooo much!