6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2014 11:27 AM by COWIC

Text tables

COWIC

When I tested Adobe FormsCentral in December 2013, I was able to create a table with fillable text fields. In fact, I was even able to create a table with a mix of fillable text and check box fields. Now that I've purchased a subscription, that functionality seems to be gone.

Why was it removed?

Is there a work around (other than creating widely spaced text fields next to each other)?

Will this ever be returned to the functionality?

I am very disappointed as this was what sold me on this product.

• 1. Re: Text tables
          Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

>>I was able to create a table with fillable text fields. In fact, I was even able to create a table with a mix of fillable text and check box fields. Now that I've purchased a subscription, that functionality seems to be gone.

We have not removed any of the form fields. Are you referring to the Rating Scale field? Select Insert menu / Field / Rating Scale?

Which funcitoinality do you think was removed, creating a table in Design tab or creating a table in the View Responses tab?

Thanks,

Lucia

• 2. Re: Text tables
            COWIC Level 1

I had created a fillable text table in the design side. Now that no longer

seems possible.

• 3. Re: Text tables

Hi,

As I have mentioned to you in my previous response, we have not made any changes on the design side as far as the type of form fields that Adobe FormsCentral supports. The form fields that you used in your form back in December should be all in the latest version. You can always create a form with text fields side by side or above/below. Is this what you are referring to?

Let's do this, when you sign in to FormsCentral, select "Create New Form" tab, there you will see over 100 templates. You can create a form with any of these templates by just clicking on the "use template" button when you hover on it.  Will you be able to check these templates and create one that resembles the form you did?

Let me know which template and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Lucia

• 4. Re: Text tables
                COWIC Level 1

I have tried the method of just assembling a series of "rows" and "columns"

of text boxes and they are very difficult to align. For example, once I

create row 1 and start to create row 2, the text boxes in row 2 do not

align exactly under row one. I've tried to finess these manually, but can

never get all to align correctly. Doing this also is not as neat as a

simple table where all rows and columns are neatly aligned. The table I

need is about 11 columns wide and 15 rows deep, so it's not as simple as a

couple of rows.

Is there any way to enter x/y coordinates or some other settings approach

to get the rows and columns to align correctly?

Thanks,

Linda

• 5. Re: Text tables

Hi,

>>Is there any way to enter x/y coordinates or some other settings approach

to get the rows and columns to align correctly?

Sorry, there isn't a way right now.

As a workaround you can use the "Formatted text" field (either on the side or above or below) as a space filler/paddiing if you like.  Check out some of our templates, for example, 'Assessment Form' template, here you see the Date field is all the way on the right side, on the left you see a formatted text field without any text and used as a spacer. Also, you can resize any of the fields to make them align.  I know it will not be a perfect as given a precise x/y coordinate, but give it a try and see this works for you.

Here some help documentation:

http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat-com/formscentral/topics.html

https://www.acrobat.com/formscentral/en/library/how-to-make-create-survey-or-form.html

Thanks,

Lucia

• 6. Re: Text tables
                    COWIC Level 1

Thank you, I'll try this.

Linda