7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2014 9:34 AM by idrive67elky

Blu-ray drive compatibility

idrive67elky

Is Premiere Elements 12 compatible with Asus BW-12B1STa or LG BH14NS40?

Neither is listed on the compatibility list: http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/supported-devices-premiere-elements.html

But, that doesnt seem to be a full list.

• 1. Re: Blu-ray drive compatibility
          A.T. Romano Level 7

idrive67elky

I do not have either of those burners so I cannot give you a first hand answer on whether they will work with Premiere Elements 12 in your specific computer environment which is what?

Even if I were to tell you that I had one of those burners and it worked with Premiere Elements that is not a 100% guarantee that it will be the same for you...possibilities burner not detected and DVD, AVCHD, or Blu-ray field may display "Media Not Detected". The latter may not be corrected by a change of disc. Or, the burner may just work fine for you in all regards.

This is not Adobe. You could contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat to get the party line on the Adobe compatibility document that you cite.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=using-my-product-or-se rvice

Click on the above link, and, when it opens, click on the statement "I still need help" to bring up the Adobe Chat.

Are you looking for an external or internal Blu-ray burner?

ATR

• 2. Re: Blu-ray drive compatibility
            idrive67elky Level 1

Win 7, 64 bit.  The option to chat does not appear for me, signed in or not...  Internal.

• 3. Re: Blu-ray drive compatibility
              A.T. Romano Level 7

idrive67elky

Sorry about that. I expected the Adobe Chat pop up after you clicked on "I still need help". Changes?

Let us try see if this Adobe Chat can get us the information wanted. The other was directed at Customer Service. This one is pointing to Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up.

Click on the link below and, when it opens, click on the statement "I still need help" to bring up the Adobe Chat. This one I am pre-setting for the header Downloading, Installing, and Setting up.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=downloading-installing -and-setting-up

ATR

• 4. Re: Blu-ray drive compatibility
                idrive67elky Level 1

Update:

I have chatted several times with Adobe.  The Asus drive is not definitively compatible.  The LG drive is compatible per adobe.  Using he LG drive with Optical Quantam BD-R media I get the dreaded "media not present" error.  I then bought some Verbatim BD-R media...Same error.  Contacted Adobe chat yet again, got the response "Vaibhav: Well this has been reported as a bug and engineering is working on this".  After waiting on hold for 30 minutes today, of course no chance of customer service making this right with any type of refund or discount on the Pro CC/Encore options within Adobe.  Uggh. What an awful company.

Anyways, I see A.T. has a post on how to use a phantom drive, I may give that a try: http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/11/pe12-disc-imagephantom-burner-pe.html

Has ANYONE been able to publish a Blu-ray directly from PrE12? How in the world did you beat the "media not present" error?

• 5. Re: Blu-ray drive compatibility
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

One cause of "Media Not Present," if one is using a high-quality blank disc, of a type that the BD multi-drive/burner can handle, is out of date firmware, on that BD multi-drive.

I would check with the LG Web site, and plug in your model of multi-drive/burner, to see if there is newer firmware (LG has historically been very good with the release of newer firmware). If there is, be very certain to read the firmware installation instructions completely, and carefully. I would even print those out, for reference. Then, follow those instructions 100%, and step-by-step. Note: firmware installation instructions can change, even for the same model. I always use the printed instructions as my checklist, even if I have updated the firmware of that multi-drive several times before.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Blu-ray drive compatibility
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

idrive67elky

Please let us know if you found any firmwire updates at LG for your Blu-ray burner. I suspect you will not.

I have found its "firmware updates" to be essentially non existent.

When I purchased my LG BH12 a few years back, I called LG asking about firmware updates because I kept getting LG pop ups asking permission to look for updates, but there were never any updates. The bottom line was not to expect updates and to disable the pop up message system. Interestingly, before I could disconnect the LG pop ups, I got ONE update, that one for support for a disc type that I never use. I use Verbatim BD-R and BD-RE 25 GB and Verbatim BD-RE DL 50 GB). That was it in all these years for updates of any kind from LG for that LG BH12 Blu-ray DVD internal burner.

ATR

• 7. Re: Blu-ray drive compatibility
                      idrive67elky Level 1

Mine is up to date, there have actually been a few firmware updates recently, the latest being 1.02 released only a month ago.  The pace of updates and increased compatibility are the reasons I flashed it over from the Asus version to the LG. 

(this drive shipped as an Asus branded clone of the LG drive, it only takes a firmware flash to turn it back into an LG)