4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2007 3:43 PM by jbradley88

Recording on two seperate devices

uridiscence
      I ran into a confusing request. What do you do when you need to record a program that runs simultaneously on two seperate devices (PCs). Has anyone ever come across this? I'm just trying to figure out an effective way of showing both PCs...
        • 1. Re: Recording on two seperate devices
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi uridiscence

I suppose in that case I might resort to screen captures of each device. Then fashion them perhaps inside two images of monitors, so the illusion is that I have captured this?

Just a thought... Rick
          • 2. Re: Recording on two seperate devices
            uridiscence Level 1
            Well I thought about doing a split screen within each slide of Captivate, but I wasn't sure if I could even do that or if it would be confusing to the learners.
            • 3. Re: Recording on two seperate devices
              macrofireball Level 3
              FWIW - The way I think I would tackle this would be to capture the screens on two separate PCs, keep them on separate slides and include a computer 1 and computer 2 cue (voice -over or icon) on each of the slides. Something else I might also do is change the theme on the second PC so that it was easier to distinguish between the two workstations.

Best - Mark
              • 4. Re: Recording on two seperate devices
                jbradley88 Level 1
                If you're just trying to let the user see the difference, another thought is to keep the Windows theme the same on both workstations and show the screenshot from Computer A as the slide background and show the screenshot from Computer B as a rollover image.

This lets the user do an A/B comparison as many times as it takes to get all the differences. You can even add callouts to the computer B image to highlight the changed items. Assuming the two screens are similar with the same dimensions, it can be very effective.