31 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2014 4:54 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?

jrhalphen

Premiere Elements 9, receiveing "sorry, a serious error has occurred that required Adobe Premiere Elements to shut down" all day.  What is going on?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

•What version of Premiere Elements? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Elements 9 with the 9.0.1 update).

•What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".

•Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)

•What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.

•If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

•What were you doing when the problem occurred?

•What other software are you running?

•Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?

•Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?

And some other questions...

•What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?

•Have you viewed the tutorial links at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 page?

•Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)

What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?

Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?

For Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information

-you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself

ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Display driver & Baddriver http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1370916?tstart=0 may also help

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
            jrhalphen Level 1

You gave me a lot to do.  Let me tell you this is my first time trying to use this program.  I have had it with Adobe Photshop Elements 9 for several years,  have not problems with Photoshop.  So I have not updated anything.  So far I cannot get anything to work.  Been reading and watch tutorials all day trying to understand how to upload MOV that I shot with my Nikon D600--there are lots of suggestions but so far nothing has worked.  Just trying to create from files in Organizer I get this "error" message! I am having no success--been a long day.

I gather from your suggestions that I should try updating.  I have plenty of memory on my pretty new Dell computer.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jrhalphen

Let us see what we can do with what you have which appears to be Premiere Elements 9. Since you have Photoshop Elements 9, stay with Premiere Elements 9 unless you need to move to Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12. Do not mix versions. Please confirm on what computer operating system you are running Premiere Elements?

1. Are you working from the 9.0.1 Update of the Premiere Elements 9? If not, do so, using Help Menu/Update or obtaining the download from Adobe

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4929

2. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 9.9/9.0.1? If not, please do so.

https://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

3. Are you set up Run As Administrator and from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

4. For now, keep out of the Elements Organizer 9 until you come to terms with the Premiere Elements Editor. Videos that you import into Premiere Elements project will automatically have a copy going to the Elements Organizer 9.

5. What are you setting as your project preset? And, what are the properties of this .mov file that you are using as source media? The properties of the video should match the description of the project preset that you set when you opened the project. Do they?

6. Are you storing the media that is going into your project on an external hard drive? If so, are you having a problems with it. As a mini test run try to import a file saved to the Desktop into Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 with Premiere Elements' Get Media/Files and Folders. If you import  jpg photos instead of a video from your camera, is your project more successful?

I am trying to customize the troubleshooting to what you have described already. If you have any additional details related to my specific questions, please do not hesitate to include them in your response.

My supplemental questions were positioned in context with my troubleshooting plan. You will note that in using that format, some similar points of information can be found being asked by John and I.

Looking forward to your results so that we can rule factors in or out of the troubleshooting equation.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                jrhalphen Level 1

I have downloaded  9.0.1 version of Premiere and checked run as

Administrator.  Updated Quick time to 7.7.4.  I had purchased and Dell

downloaded Premiere Elements on 1/12/12.  But I have never tried to use

until yesterday.

I checked  DSLR with the information concerning media from my camera for

preset, that is something I could do.

When Premiere opens it says get latest Inspiration Browser, should I do

that, too?

Have media stored on file in desktop.  Cannot open anything in Premiere to

"save to Premiere."

I can open Premiere and click new project  MY PROJECT, nothing happens.  If

I change name of project to something else that is when I get the error

message that Premiere has to close,  I still get that message.  I cannot

get anything into Premiere or get any thing to open such as get files, etc.

My computer says I have new version installed.

I am pretty competent with Photoshop.  Just never needed to edit videos

until now.  I have Windows Movie Maker and can view movies but would like

to edit.  Hate to buy another program when Premiere should do what I need.

I have ordered the workbook.  But if I can't open will not do any good.

Any more suggestions are welcome

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?

>My computer says I have new version installed

If you are talking about graphics adapter driver, do NOT rely on Windows update to be correct

I posted links to check for ATI and nVidia... at their web sites

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                    jrhalphen Level 1

I was referring to updated version of Premiere.  I do not know anything

about graphics adapter driver.  How do I check to see what I have?  What do

I need?  Sorry to be so uninformed never have needed to know this.

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?

Go back to my reply #1 for more information

You find out what you have by going to the Windows Control Panel and checking your hardware

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

jrhalphen

Thanks for the reply

What computer antivirus program do you use? Please remind me if you have disabled the antivirus and if doing that has any affect on the problem.

You wrote

When Premiere opens it says get latest Inspiration Browser, should I do

that, too?

Just ignore that message and cancel out of it and any other messages encouraging you to Sign In. The photoshop.com feature has been discontinued but those detouring messages persist. We can talk about video and pdf tutorials once you get the program to open properly and it is prepared for work.

You wrote

Have media stored on file in desktop.  Cannot open anything in Premiere to

"save to Premiere."

That should be temporary until we get the program to work. Keeping the media there instead an external hard drive keeps external hard drive out of the troubleshooting equation. You will import your source media with the project's Get Media/Files and Folders and drag it to the Timeline. The media that are in the project are just copies of the originals that need to trace back to the originals on the hard drive.

You wrote

I can open Premiere and click new project  MY PROJECT, nothing happens.  If

I change name of project to something else that is when I get the error

message that Premiere has to close,  I still get that message.  I cannot

get anything into Premiere or get any thing to open such as get files, etc

and

My computer says I have new version installed.

What is this new version installed - are you referring to the video card/graphics card driver version?

If so, then as John has suggested, go to the web site of the manufacturer of your card and check there to determine if you have the lastest version of the driver. If you do, then we delete the BadDrivers.txt file.

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete. After you do that and open a project, the program will generated a new BadDrivers.txt file and hopefully the program will be gone. Make sure that you are working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so you can see the path.

If we are left with the same problem after all that

First. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 9.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

If that does not work, then next go for

Deactivation (which is not possible if you cannot open a project) ...  so bypass that step

Uninstall, the usual Control Panel/Installed Programs route

ccleaner (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) to get rid of leftovers from incomplete uninstalls and/or installs.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Reinstall with anti-virus and firewalls turned off.

After the program is installed, then install the 9.0.1 Update.

If none of the above works, then try installing and opening Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 from a new User Account with Administrative Privileges.

Please review and try in the order mentioned. We will be watching for your results. If you need any clarification before you begin, please let us know.

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                          jrhalphen Level 1

Have NVIDIA version 306.97 seems to be updated.

I have McAfee virus protection, no I have not turned off.

Have not been able to check on Bad Drivers.txt.  This is too much for me.

I will wait until tomorrow and get my son to help me.

If you think uninstalling and installing again is a solution, I am willing

to try that.  I have never used this at anytime it has been on my computer.

Thanks for all the help.

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

jrhalphen

Maybe, as the say, Bingo.

Please start with disabling the McAfee antivirus program. There have been several reports recently about a McAfee update being at the core of some catastrophic Premiere Elements issues.

That is my most likely choice for the problem causer.

If that does not work, then second best is the BadDrivers.txt file deletion.

Please let us know the outcome after those two.

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                              jrhalphen Level 1

Thanks, I will try both of those suggestions tomorrow.  Hopefully that will

solve my problem.

Thank you so much for your time.  Will post results.

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                                jrhalphen Level 1

OK disabled McAfee--still have problems.    I can click on new project and

that is about all.  If I change name on project that is when I get error

message.  Have not done bad drivers.txt file deletion yet.

You asked this question.  I do not know if I have  setting  correct.  I am

trying to import file from my D600 Nikon camera that I videoed and it says

it is MOV.   I checked what I thought appropriate for DSLR

. What are you setting as your project preset? And, what are the properties

of this .mov file that you are using as source media? The properties of the

video should match the description of the project preset that you set when

you opened the project. Do they?

• 13. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

jrhalphen

I am almost sure the McAfee was going to be the answer based on recent history. How did you disable McAfee? Now holding out hope for the BadDrivers.txt file deletion, unless McAfee was not disabled completely.

Did you ever say what computer operating system your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 is running on? I am assuming either Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Looking at the specifications for your Nikon, you are probably shooting 1080p30. But we will not know for sure until you tell us what your camera settings are...other could be 24 or 25 frames per second, probably progressive, but I am not sure if that Nikon offers interlaced 1080i as well as progressive 1080p. And, I do see a choice of 1280 x 720 instead of 1920 x 1080.

If you are shooting 1080p30 (1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second), then the NTSC/DSLR project settings are OK. In that case, you do not want NTSC/AVCHD/. But we need firm details on your video which would appear to have AVCHD video compression with a .mov file extension. But that is not enough. We need to know frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive. See what you can gather together from just observing your camera settings or from MediaInfo (a properties readout program)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/

Be careful in your download and install choices with MediaInfo to avoid unwanted program and toolbars along with the Media Info program. Look at its View Menu/Tree View. That will tell us everything we want to know.

But I would ask, "Can you import JPEG photos into a new project with issues?"

Also,

But please do the BadDrivers.txt file deletion as soon as possible to rule that factor in or out.

Please go through my list in post 8 and make sure were are OK on all those points. Have we confirmed so far that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer?

We will be watching for further development.

• 14. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                                    jrhalphen Level 1

Wow!  do not know where to start--but I finally imported some JPEG files to

Premiere and "add media" was highlighted for first time  so I could use

it.  I added directly from my SD card could not get it from where I had

stored on hard drive!  Now I have video and JPEG files in my Premiere.  My

McAfee was only disabled for 30 minutes.  Did not disable it this time and

everything worked so don't  think McAfee was the problem.

I really was afraid to download too  much I did not know about because I

have had problems with "extras" attaching and causing problems.

Probably updating Premiere was biggest help.  I have never had to spend

this much time getting a program to work.  Now I just have to learn how to

use!

Thank you so much for all your time and trouble.

• 15. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

jrhalphen

Great news. Great job of moving forward successfully.

However, I have lots of questions if you get the time.

Did you ever try the deletion of the BadDrivers.txt file? It sounds like you did not.

From what you wrote it sounded like the storage location of your source media is involved here somehow. Where did you have the media stored on the hard drive? How much free hard drive space are you dealing with.

How did you update Premiere Elements? The only updates would be Camera Raw and the 9.0.1 Update which you should have been working from. I thought that you had that installed already???

I will give you a rest for now with all the questions.

We are very pleased with your progress. Glad to be of assistance.

Thanks.

ATR

• 16. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                                        jrhalphen Level 1

I updated premiere from Adobe.  It had never been updated. 

I still do not know why I was receiving that "error" message because I still received after updating.

I just tried getting file directly from camera card, didn't really think it would work but so far nothing else had worked.  Could not upload to Organizer.  Uploaded to Windows Movie Maker and several other programs, then stored in my pictures on desktop,  but could get them to Premiere.   I did successfully bring JPEG into Premiere from Organizer this last time--something I could not do before.

I will go ahead and check driver issue when my IT person is here this weekend.

I have a lot of free space on hard drive because I keep most of my files on external hard drives.

This is still a mystery to me but I am a determined person and also wanted to use this program and not have to buy something else.

Will keep you updated.

Sent from my iPad

• 17. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

jrhalphen

I applaud your stick-to-it-tiveness. A great quality for troubleshooting and getting to the core of the matter.

When you are reviewing your present situation with your IT people, please check out the external hard drive. Is it formatted NTFS or FAT32. Go with NTFS format. You might want to look at your Premiere Elements performance with and without the external hard drive connected to the computer on which Premiere Elements is installed.

We will watch for further developments.

Many thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 18. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                                            jrhalphen Level 1

Well, still having problems!

First, I am not working with files from external hard drive now.  Something

worked one short time getting files from Organizer and also uploading

directly from SD card but not anymore.

I have tried to check out the bad drivers.txt.  But when I follow path you

sent, local disk C to program Data, Premiere Elements--I don't see show

hidden folders, I do see display drivers but with a note that opening this

could damage my system!  So, I have not been able to do that.  Tried the

trouble shooting--nothing changed.

I can open Premiere and start a project but when I try to send photo from

Organizer it opens in Premiere again but just circles forever, let it go

for 5 minutes one time.     If I move cursor to file and try to open that

is when I get error message.  I have tried this numerous time, different

ways.

I cannot get Organize, Edit Panel, etc. to open at all.

I have really spent many hours trying to get this to work.

Still open to suggestions.  I do not think it is computer.

• 19. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

jrhalphen

Thanks for the update. Sorry the news was not better. Let us see if we can find some resolutions to the problems.

You wrote

I have tried to check out the bad drivers.txt.  But when I follow path you

sent, local disk C to program Data, Premiere Elements--I don't see show

hidden folders, I do see display drivers but with a note that opening this

could damage my system!

1. You assure that your computer's Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders,and Drives is active so that you can see the complete path to the BadDrivers.txt file.

2. Local Disk C

Premiere Elements

9.0 Folder

and in the 9.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete. You want to delete only the file at that location that has the name "BadDrivers.txt file". It should not give off messages of "opening thiscould damage my system".

Make sure that you did not detour off the path...

BadDrivers.txt.JPG

Probably going after Premiere Elements Editor and Elements Organizer Settings files might be in order. Have you tried...

Deleting Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file...for Premiere Elements Editor

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete.

Deleting or disabling the psa.prf file...for the Elements Organizer

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and in the Organizer Folder is the psa.prf file that you delete or disable. You disable the file by changing its name from psa.prf to psa.prfOLD.

Please let us know if any of the above worked for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 20. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                                                jrhalphen Level 1

Some progress, found "show hidden folders" was not checked--that is why I

could not follow all your paths!   Anyway, I have done everything you

suggested ,deleted Prefs files, changed pas.prfOLD and deleted bad

drivers.txt.  Still cannot do anything--receive same error.   Also, turned

off McAfee did not make a difference.

So, should I try installing update with McAfee turned off?   Do I delete

update?

I cannot believe this is so complicated.  You are a very patient with me.

• 21. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

jrhalphen

Drastic approach coming up. See what you think.

You can get free tryout files for Premiere Elements 9 from the following web site.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-9-premiere-elements-9-direct-download-links.h tml

Make sure you read closely the "Note: Very Important Instructions" at the web site page otherwise you will end up with Access Denied when you go to click on the file link.

Once you have the tryout downloaded and installed, you can use it with or without your purchased serial number inserted. If it works for you, then just insert your purchased serial number in the tryout and you are all set. That web site gives you a channel to the old tryouts, but does not sell them as tryouts or them as purchased programs.

Install the 9.0.1 Update to work from it.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4929

But before all that...

In the opened Premiere Elements 9 project that you have been having problems with, go to Help Menu/Deactivate, and deactivate the program.. Close out of there. Then uninstall the program the typical Control Panel route. ccleaner. Reinstall with anti-virus and firewalls off.

We could go off in the above troubleshooting direction if you have gone through all the prior suggestions.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 22. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                                                    jrhalphen Level 1

the opened Premiere Elements 9 project that you have been having problems

with, go to Help Menu/Deactivate, and deactivate the program.. Close out of

there. Then uninstall the program the typical Control Panel route.

ccleaner. Reinstall with anti-virus and firewalls off

I cannot get deactivate to open in Help--it is not highlighted.  I really

do not have anything there just the name of a project that will not open!

I have the Premiere Elements DVD that Dell sent me disk 1 and 2.  Can that

not be used?

• 23. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

jrhalphen

Do you see Premiere Elements 9 included in the list of installed programs in the Control Panel/Installed Programs list?

Once you know that the product is not installed on your computer, then your installation disc should work fine in conjunction with your purchased serial number. Read the disc labels carefully. On of the disc should be for program installation and the other for program content. You cannot use the content disc until after you have completely installed the program. Use the default locations for the install.

If you do not an active Deactivate choice under Help Menu, then bypass that.

Go directly to Control Panel for the uninstall.

Do the ccleaner run through to get rid of leftovers from incomplete installs and reinstalls.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Then do the reinstall with antivirus and firewalls turned off for the reinstall.

Any questions or clarification, please ask.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...If your present install is from those Dell discs, then you might want to use the tryout downloads from the web site mentioned.

• 24. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                                                        jrhalphen Level 1

Well, guess Premiere Elements is not meant for me to use.  I have done

everything--uninstalled, installed, updated (with McAfee off) and still get

same error message.  Cannot open anything in Organizer to send to

Premiere.  Have the CD from Classroom in a Book for Premiere Elements 9 and

trying to work with it and the movies from there--will not work!  When I

open Premiere Elements and select new project it just circles forever.  If

I hit File I get the "serious error message."  In Organizer I cannot get

file-get photos and Videos to appear.

My computer showed it uninstalled and then installed and updated!

Really don't know what to do now.  Know there are other programs out

there.  I have received your help from forum and read the book--but can't

get program to work!

• 25. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

jrhalphen

Sorry that the news was not better. Thank you for exploring the troubleshooting.

I made a browse through of your thread just now. We have been up and down a lot of troubleshooting roads, including looking at a different source of installation files. So, I think we can rule out that your received a "bad" installation disc for the program.

Have we talked about the thought (for troubleshooting purposes only at this time) of downloading and installing the Premiere Elements 12 tryout from Adobe and determining if you can get that to work in your computer environment? That might be a win win situation from the point of view of the troubleshooting.

a. Win in troubleshooting knowing that both 9 and 12 do not work in your computer environmen - focus then computer.

and

b. Win in identifying a version that does work for you and putting the focus on the 9 program as the culprit.

Please let me know what you think of that type of plan.

Thanks.

ATR

• 26. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                                                            jrhalphen Level 1

I will give it a try.  How will my Photoshop organizer 9 work with Premiere

elements 12?

• 27. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

jrhalphen

In a few words which often elude me...no intergration, but you can convert the Elements Organizer 9 catalog in Premiere Elements 12's Elements Organizer 12. You best work with Elements Organizer 12 for Premiere Elements 12 and Elements Organizer 9 for Premiere Elements 9.

Now here is the longer part of the story.

Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements are standalone products, each coming with an Elements Organizer.

Photoshop Elements 9 with the Elements Organizer 9

Premiere Elements 9 with the Elements Organizer 9

Photoshop Elements 12 with the Elements Organizer 12

Premiere Elements 12 with the Elements Organizer 12

When an integrated set, 9, 9 or 12, 12 are on the same computer Photoshop Elements shares the same Elements Organizer catalog.

You lose certain integration perks when you do not have an integrated set, that is 12, 12 or 9, 9, on the same computer.

You should check out the following Adobe document on converting catalogs and more.

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/common-catalog-issues-upgrade-elements.html

Please let us know if you are OK with the above information.

Thanks.

ATR

• 28. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                                                                jrhalphen Level 1

So If I try premiere 12 that will come with Organizer 12, if it works then

I have to buy Premiere Elements 12.  Will what I have in Organizer 9 be

changed?  I really do not want to purchase Photoshop 12 at this point, 9 is

fine by me.  It looks like most of the problems occur with earlier versions

of Photoshop.

• 29. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

jralphen

When you convert your Elements Organizer 9 catalog in Elements Organizer 12, you will still have your Elements Organizer 9 catalog (some cases now with a special designation with its name but still the 9 catalog) and you will have the converted catalog that can open as your catalog in Elements Organizer 12 and be used thereafter there.

Where are we now...

a. Premiere Elements 9 not working

b. Photoshop Elements 9/Elements Organizer 9 working

and

c. contemplating trying to replace just Premiere Elements 9 with 12.

If that is where we are, why not try this...

Plan

a. Try Premiere Elements 12 (free tryout)

b. If it works, you can consider buying it.

c. If "Elements Organizer 9" catalog conversion in Elements Organizer 12 works for you, then just continue with that converted version of the Elements Organizer catalog in Elements Organizer 12. You still have your original Elements Organizer 9 catalog intact/existing.

Thereafter what you do in the Elements Organizer 12 converted catalog should not be reflected in the Elements Organizer 9 catalog which will still continus to exist as before for your Photoshop Elements 9. And, what you do in the Elements Organizer 9 catalog with Photoshop Elements 9 will not be reflected in the Elements Organizer 12 side of things.

The loss of the integration opportunites can be the down side.

That is my take on all this.

I remember writing up a step by step to all this. Not sure where that is. I will look for it if you think it useful.

ATR

• 30. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                                                                    jrhalphen Level 1

Thank you very much for that analysis.  I will try free version of Premiere

12 and see what happens!  If I could not use Adobe Photoshop and other

programs I have--I would think it is all my fault.

Thanks for all your help.

• 31. Re: Premiere Elements 9,  Closing down due to serious error?
                                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

jrhalphen

Thanks.

We will hold positive thoughts moving forward.

No faults in these situations. Sometimes the answer is in the want of a single word in all the words

to turn all those words into recognizable and understandable. We will try to that end.

ATR