20 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2014 12:00 AM by hans-g. RSS

Need help with my website

TaNna87

Hi guys,

I'm not sure what's wrong with my website, it's not loading properly recently.

When I first uploaded the website it works fine but recently it's not.

I think it's most probably gotta do with the Spry assets but I keep uploading and it's still not working.

http://maxsoftonline.com/

Please help, thank you.

Tanna

• 1. Re: Need help with my website
          bregent CommunityMVP

What exactly is the problem? "not loading properly" doesn't mean anything to us, as we don't know what it supposed to look like.

• 2. Re: Need help with my website
            TaNna87 Community Member

Oh, I'm so sorry!

Whenever I visit the webpage the menu bar never seem to function as it's supposed to be. It only works once in a while after several refreshes.

Sometimes error messages like "spryDOMEffects.js requires SpryDOMUtils.js", "spryWidget.js requires SpryDOMUtils.js", "SpryMenu.js requires SpryWidget.js".

I searched the forums for similiar solution and the only one I found was corrupted file. I went to some sites and tried uploading but still it doesn't work properly. I also tried downloading from the original spry widget for the menu bar still the same error occur.

Sorry for being vague I hope you guys can really help me out here!

Thank you so much!

Tanna

• 3. Re: Need help with my website
              Ben Pleysier CommunityMVP

It means that SpryWidget.js has been corrupted when uploading. Try uploading the file again, perhaps using a different FTP client to DW and trying various modes.

• 4. Re: Need help with my website
                TaNna87 Community Member

Thanks for your reply!

Can I ask where is a good place I can download the original spry files if in the case mine are all corrupted (I have no idea which are corrupted which are not.. I downloaded a few now)

I previously used Filezilla for my uploads. I am downloading SmartFTP now to see if it helps!

Thanks again :]

• 5. Re: Need help with my website
                  hans-g. CommunityMVP

Hello,

you could have a look here: https://github.com/adobe/Spry (see near the bottom).

Hans-Günter

• 6. Re: Need help with my website
                    Ken Binney CommunityMVP

You may have a problem with your server.  I got this at 8:25 EST this morning

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache Server at maxsoftonline.com Port 80
                    • 7. Re: Need help with my website
                      TaNna87 Community Member

Hi guys, I can't seem to find sprymenu.js however

Service Temporarily Unavailable - I'm also not sure what's going on with the server, any ideas?

I have been running the website for months without any issue but only recently the menu bar starts to have problems like these.

• 8. Re: Need help with my website

I repeat

It means that SpryWidget.js has been corrupted when uploading. Try uploading the file again, perhaps using a different FTP client to DW and trying various modes.

If you managed to have the widget up and running in the past, then you must have this file on your own system. The problem arises when the file is uploaded to the remote server; the local version is usually Ok.

• 9. Re: Need help with my website
                          TaNna87 Community Member

Hi Ben!

Thanks for your reply. I did try uploading with different FTP client like FileZilla, SmartFTP and also on DW itself.

It gets better as the error occurrance has reduced but after awhile the same problem starts again.

It's really frustrating as I have been trying to fix this for months. I saw your previous posts on other threads and followed the instructions like using binary instead of auto.

I am not really good at all these but trying hard to learn how to fix the problem.

Really appreciate all your help :]

I redownloaded the folder from the SpryMenu widget again and uploaded.

The file size are the same but still after refreshing many times the problem still surface once in a while.

Could it be the local is corrupted as well? I highly doubt so as I have been using that for more than a year without the said problem.

Help please, thank you!

• 10. Re: Need help with my website

Try linking to

http://zephyrsjazz.com.au/newsite/Spry-UI-1.7/includes/SpryWidget.js

If that doesn't work, then ensure that the order of loading the JS files is correct.

If this does work, then copy the contents of the local file to SpryWidget.txt, upload the file and change the extension back to js (from txt).

• 11. Re: Need help with my website
                              TaNna87 Community Member

Yeah, linking it doesn't help either.

Could it be the other files?

- SpryMenu.js, SpryDOMUtils.js?

What's the order of the JS files?

It is currently the default when I downloaded the menu widget.

<link href="Spry-UI-1.7/css/Menu/basic/SpryMenuBasic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>

<script src="Spry-UI-1.7/includes/SpryDOMUtils.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="Spry-UI-1.7/includes/SpryDOMEffects.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="Spry-UI-1.7/includes/SpryWidget.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="Spry-UI-1.7/includes/SpryMenu.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="Spry-UI-1.7/includes/plugins/MenuBar2/SpryMenuBarKeyNavigationPlugin.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="Spry-UI-1.7/includes/plugins/MenuBar2/SpryMenuBarIEWorkaroundsPlugin.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="SpryAssets/SpryCollapsiblePanel.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Sorry, I'm not really good at this. Thank you Ben for helping me through this.

• 12. Re: Need help with my website

When you had the following line

<script src="http://zephyrsjazz.com.au/newsite/Spry-UI-1.7/includes/SpryWidget.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

the menubar worked quite well.

When you changed it to

<script src="Spry-UI-1.7/includes/SpryWidget.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I get

mine.png

• 13. Re: Need help with my website
                                  hans-g. CommunityMVP

Hello,

do we still talk about http://maxsoftonline.com/? If yes, so I can say, the SPRY MenuBar works perfectly in my IE 11, only two of the icons are visible as placeholders (so too all of them in "Pokémon Center Merchandise").

In this case I want to repeat my suggestion to load down all the SPRY files from above

https://github.com/adobe/Spry (see near the bottom) or from

http://zephyrsjazz.com.au/newsite/Spry-UI-1.7/includes/SpryWidget.js".

If not please send the correct link in question. (Sorry perhaps is here is a misunderstanding from my side.)

Hans-Günter

• 14. Re: Need help with my website
                                    TaNna87 Community Member

I just copied the text from http://zephyrsjazz.com.au/newsite/Spry-UI-1.7/includes/SpryWidget.js and copied to the text file on my local file and uploaded to the website and changed it to SpryWidget.js.

Still doesn't work

@hans-g,

hi yes we are still talking about this website! It supposed to load all the images but sometimes it doesn't =\

This is really strange because sometimes the website works sometimes those error message occurs.

I still get Service Temporilary Unavailable once in a while I refreshes.

I will monitor again after I download and upload the files from github.

Thanks again people. Hope I can solve this soon.

• 16. Re: Need help with my website
                                      TaNna87 Community Member

Yeah.. the same problem still occur.

What should I do about it?

It's strange 'cause it was fine initially when I created it but now it's a nightmare.

• 17. Re: Need help with my website
                                        bregent CommunityMVP

>Yeah.. the same problem still occur.

Does this occur in all browsers? Have you contacted the host. Has anyone else seen the problem?

• 18. Re: Need help with my website
                                          TaNna87 Community Member

My website looks fine at the moment!

Although "Service Temporarily Unavailable" did occur a couple of times but it looks much better than previously.

Is the problem solved or..?

So sorry to trouble you guys!

• 19. Re: Need help with my website
                                            TaNna87 Community Member

Yeah, I tried Firefox and Internet Explorer they still have the same problem.

The thing is I do not have the access to the host account, via GoDaddy.

I asked my colleague to look into it. Although he studied programming and all but he doesn't know what's the problem either.

He did contact GoDaddy regarding the issue but doesn't seem to have any solution either.

• 20. Re: Need help with my website
                                              hans-g. CommunityMVP

Hello Tanna,

referring to your "I do not have the access to the host account" I want to suggest that you use one of these "Free Webhosting providers" for a while. Google would be your friend. I found - among others - this: http://batcave.net/.

Good luck!

Hans-Günter