Oh, I'm so sorry!
Whenever I visit the webpage the menu bar never seem to function as it's supposed to be. It only works once in a while after several refreshes.
Sometimes error messages like "spryDOMEffects.js requires SpryDOMUtils.js", "spryWidget.js requires SpryDOMUtils.js", "SpryMenu.js requires SpryWidget.js".
I searched the forums for similiar solution and the only one I found was corrupted file. I went to some sites and tried uploading but still it doesn't work properly. I also tried downloading from the original spry widget for the menu bar still the same error occur.
Sorry for being vague I hope you guys can really help me out here!
Thank you so much!
Thanks for your reply!
Can I ask where is a good place I can download the original spry files if in the case mine are all corrupted (I have no idea which are corrupted which are not.. I downloaded a few now)
I previously used Filezilla for my uploads. I am downloading SmartFTP now to see if it helps!
Thanks again :]
It means that SpryWidget.js has been corrupted when uploading. Try uploading the file again, perhaps using a different FTP client to DW and trying various modes.
If you managed to have the widget up and running in the past, then you must have this file on your own system. The problem arises when the file is uploaded to the remote server; the local version is usually Ok.
Thanks for your reply. I did try uploading with different FTP client like FileZilla, SmartFTP and also on DW itself.
It gets better as the error occurrance has reduced but after awhile the same problem starts again.
It's really frustrating as I have been trying to fix this for months. I saw your previous posts on other threads and followed the instructions like using binary instead of auto.
I am not really good at all these but trying hard to learn how to fix the problem.
Really appreciate all your help :]
I redownloaded the folder from the SpryMenu widget again and uploaded.
The file size are the same but still after refreshing many times the problem still surface once in a while.
Could it be the local is corrupted as well? I highly doubt so as I have been using that for more than a year without the said problem.
Help please, thank you!
Try linking to
If that doesn't work, then ensure that the order of loading the JS files is correct.
If this does work, then copy the contents of the local file to SpryWidget.txt, upload the file and change the extension back to js (from txt).
Yeah, linking it doesn't help either.
Could it be the other files?
- SpryMenu.js, SpryDOMUtils.js?
What's the order of the JS files?
It is currently the default when I downloaded the menu widget.
<link href="Spry-UI-1.7/css/Menu/basic/SpryMenuBasic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
Sorry, I'm not really good at this. Thank you Ben for helping me through this.
When you had the following line
the menubar worked quite well.
When you changed it to
do we still talk about http://maxsoftonline.com/? If yes, so I can say, the SPRY MenuBar works perfectly in my IE 11, only two of the icons are visible as placeholders (so too all of them in "Pokémon Center Merchandise").
In this case I want to repeat my suggestion to load down all the SPRY files from above
https://github.com/adobe/Spry (see near the bottom) or from
If not please send the correct link in question. (Sorry perhaps is here is a misunderstanding from my side.)
I just copied the text from http://zephyrsjazz.com.au/newsite/Spry-UI-1.7/includes/SpryWidget.js and copied to the text file on my local file and uploaded to the website and changed it to SpryWidget.js.
Still doesn't work
hi yes we are still talking about this website! It supposed to load all the images but sometimes it doesn't =\
This is really strange because sometimes the website works sometimes those error message occurs.
I still get Service Temporilary Unavailable once in a while I refreshes.
I will monitor again after I download and upload the files from github.
Thanks again people. Hope I can solve this soon.
Yeah, I tried Firefox and Internet Explorer they still have the same problem.
The thing is I do not have the access to the host account, via GoDaddy.
I asked my colleague to look into it. Although he studied programming and all but he doesn't know what's the problem either.
He did contact GoDaddy regarding the issue but doesn't seem to have any solution either.
referring to your "I do not have the access to the host account" I want to suggest that you use one of these "Free Webhosting providers" for a while. Google would be your friend. I found - among others - this: http://batcave.net/.