0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2014 9:58 PM by mrehmus2

ID 9.2 is very slow. Other CC programs run at normal speed.

mrehmus2

I have a document of 40 pages, most of which are blank, but operations are very slow. It may take 10 seconds for a 1500 x 750 pixel Photoshop image to appear during a Place operation after the box designating the size of the picture has been drawn with the cursor.

Moving a picture caption from one spot to another on the picture (backlit with a white shadow) can also take 10 seconds for the caption, which drops effects when it is moved, to again exhibit the effect.

Running other programs such as Photoshop and Bridge don't seem to make much difference.

Computer is a 2.66 Ghz 4-core with 4 gigs of main memory and a 70 gig RAID1 data disk. C drive is a 1 terrabye disk. 2 monitors. Windows 7 64 bit.

I regularly run an optimizing scan of the computer to clean up potential areas of slowdown. Windows 7 give the computer a 5.9 performance rating because of the 4 gig memory (the limits of the Intel motherboard they didn't exacty say anything about when I bought it.)

A prior document of 67 pages exhibits no slowdown. There must be a gotcha in there somewhere.

User name: Mike Rehmus-Admin

Computer name: EDITING

Network status: Available

Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

Processor Information: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9450 @ 2.66GHz

Number of Processors: 4

Microsoft .Net Framework

Message was edited by: mrehmus2