• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Navigation pane not showing in merged output on server (IE9)

Participant ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH10 | WebHelp

We've moved our WebHelp outputs from an externally maintained server to an in-house server, but the left-hand navigation pane isn't displaying in our merged Help system. In our user guide (which isn't merged) the pane displays fine, but in our release notes (which is a merged system) it doesn't want to show itself. The main navigation pane and topic pane are fine, it's just the left-hand navigation pane that's blank.

I'm running IE9, but the weird thing is that it displays correctly in Firefox. It also works when run locally.

Both Help systems worked absolutely fine on the previous server, so I'm wondering if there's a conflict with something else that's running on the new server (e.g. our website's CMS, etc.) or whether it's a permissions thing?

My issue seems similar to other posts on here, but I'm using IE9 not IE11.

I'd be grateful for any ideas.

Thanks

Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See if Item 6 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm#webhelp helps.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp