5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2014 7:21 AM by PECourtejoie

Photoshop- product code not read

etty Level 1

I am having trouble uploading photoshop as the product code is not read. I have already got in contact with a member of your team and I set up an adobe account and provided the information needed to continue and they have no further got back to me regarding my issue!

• 1. Re: Photoshop- product code not read
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

etty wrote:

I am having trouble uploading photoshop as the product code is not read. I have already got in contact with a member of your team and I set up an adobe account and provided the information needed to continue and they have no further got back to me regarding my issue!

This is a user forum that is funded by Adobe which IMO supplementing Adobe poor support and is very helpful for their users so Thank you Adobe for these forums.

If you having problems installing and activating any version of Photoshop you should contact Adobe Customer support they should be able to help with this type of problem.  You description of you problem make no sense.  Photoshop  is not Uploaded it is downloaded and installed.  During installation of versions of Photoshop prior to CC you could enter your personal Product supplied key or enter noting to install as a trial version.  If installed as a trial the trial install could later be Activated using Photoshop menu Help and Activate during activation you enter you product supplied key and a connection is made with an Adobe activation server. Credentials are written to you machine being activated and you product is registered with Adobe it that had not yet been done.

With CC there are two ways to install Photoshop CC.  One way is to download  Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop application and install and run that.  When you run it You sign in to the cloud using you Adobe User ID and Password.  When you do can have it download and install Adobe Products as trial install or Activated install it the users ID has a subscription for the product.    The second way you can install Photoshop CC is to download the product  installer. And run the installer.  Running the installer you can install Photoshop CC as a trial or an activated copy be signing into the cloud during the install with a Adobe user id the has a subscription.  It you install as a trial you can layer activate it using Photoshop menu Help Sign in.

• 2. Re: Photoshop- product code not read
            Noel Carboni Level 8

Etty, it may be that someone here has experienced similar problems and has solved them, but there's no way that even the most dedicated helper could know what to advise with the little information you've provided.  Basically, you've said no more than "something doesn't work."  What do you mean by "having trouble uploading photoshop"?  What are you trying to upload from your computer? tablet? smart phone? to where?

Imagine you're asking for help from someone who can't actually read your mind.  Please provide specific information about your system, a clear description of what you're trying to do, exactly what process you're trying to follow, the precise wording of error message shown at a specifically described time...  Ideally capture and post screen grabs here. 

Effective communication requires attention to detail.

-Noel

• 3. Re: Photoshop- product code not read
              etty Level 1

Noel, I am a student and have bought the adobe creative suit. I note that you must obtain a serial number before installing the product. When I go onto the online eligibility process, I type in the product code which is the first step and it says it doesn't recognise the code. I have checked this code multiple times and i even exchanged it for another adobe suit box at the store as the same thing previously happened. I hope you can help with this issue.

Etty

[ turn off your autoquotes ]

• 4. Re: Photoshop- product code not read
                JJMack Most Valuable Participant

etty wrote:

Noel, I am a student and have bought the adobe creative suit. I note that you must obtain a serial number before installing the product. When I go onto the online eligibility process, I type in the product code which is the first step and it says it doesn't recognise the code. I have checked this code multiple times and i even exchanged it for another adobe suit box at the store as the same thing previously happened. I hope you can help with this issue.

Etty

Most here are not students and the student version of Adobe product and the normal version of Adobe products are one and the same.   In the past you need to enter a serial number you received from Adobe when you installed their products.  With the subscription model this was replaced with a sign in to the cloud.   A  sign in is also required to download Adobe products. What you wrote above does not seem to make since.  When you go onto the online eligibility process you should not even have any code.  You should be seeing if your eligible for the discount purchase. 

I think what you need to do is sign in to Adobe web site and download the creative suit you were eligible to purchase. You should download and install it.

• 5. Re: Photoshop- product code not read
                  PECourtejoie Adobe Community Professional

Hello, are you looking at a location that is behind a sticker? If not, you might be looking at the wrong set of numbers.

See: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-serial-number.html