19 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2014 8:55 AM by saraysounds

Burn ISO from folder made in premiere elements 8

saraysounds Level 1

Hi, I have burnt my files in premiere elements 8 to a folder on my hard drive, but there is no iso image file to transfer to a dvd.  I'm guessing premiere elements 8 doesn't make an iso image? 

Would it be advisable to burn the vts files that are recognised by windows dvd maker straight to a dvd or should I somehow make an iso out of the folder premiere elements made? 

• 1. Re: Burn ISO from folder made in premiere elements 8
          nealeh Level 5

Download the excellent free ImgBurn (Google it) and point it at the VIDEO_TS folder. It will automatically make all the right settings to burn a Video DVD.

NB: Pay attention during the installation as by default it offers to install trial versions of other products that you will probably want to deselect.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 2. Re: Burn ISO from folder made in premiere elements 8
            saraysounds Level 1

hi, Ok thanks.  I did see this on another post.  What is the difference of burning the VTS files directly on to disk rather that creating an iso image to burn onto a disk?

• 3. Re: Burn ISO from folder made in premiere elements 8
              nealeh Level 5

Providing your burning software either recognises (like ImgBurn) or can be manually set (most of the big name products that, in my opinion, are nowhere near as good as ImgBurn) to burn a Video DVD the end result is no different.

Cheers,
              --
              Neale

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 4. Re: Burn ISO from folder made in premiere elements 8
                A.T. Romano Level 7

saraysounds

In Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1, when you use Share/Disc/DVD Folder (4.7G), the saved folder contains two folders

OpenDVD

and

VIDEO_TS

All you want is the VIDEO_TS Folder. VIDEO_TS cannot be imported into Premiere Elements again. If you want to get a DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc from that VIDEO_TS, then you have to use 3rd party software such as ImgBurn and that VIDEO_TS Folder.

If you were to take your Timeline to burn to Disc (DVD) in Premiere Elements, you have on that disc, OpenDVD Folder and VIDEO_TS Folder.

So, one question might be "What is the difference in the VIDEO_TS Folder from burn to folder and the one from burn to disc.

My answer for you would be no difference in the VIDEO_TS Folder. The difference here is that the VIDEO_TS Folder and its contents needs to be put on a DVD which has a certain disc file system to be playable. And, that is what ImgBurn would be doing for you, that is, putting your VIDEO_TS Folder on the DVD disc with the correct disc file system.

The disc image file (.iso or .vdd) is another concept. You can get a disc image for DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, AVCHD on DVD disc, and Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc when you use Premiere Elements in conjunction with the Phantom Burner. Please check out my blog post on that

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/11/pe12-disc-imagephantom-burner-pe.html

If you need step by step details on how to create a disc image from Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 in conjunction with the Phantom Burner or step by step on how to place the VIDEO_TS on the DVD disc with ImgBurn, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Burn ISO from folder made in premiere elements 8
                  saraysounds Level 1

thanks for all your help.  I have downloaded img burn.  what file system and udr revision settings need to be?  or doesn't it make a difference?  thanks again

• 6. Re: Burn ISO from folder made in premiere elements 8
                    nealeh Level 5

Point it at the VIDEO_TS folder and ImgBurn will recognise it s a video DVD folder and offer to make the correct settings automatically for you.

Cheers,
                    --
                    Neale

• 7. Re: Burn ISO from folder made in premiere elements 8
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

saraysounds

Thanks for the update.

ImgBurn is typically ready with messages about right or wrong settings. But, always good to believe but verify.

When you open ImgBurn, please use the Write files/folders to disc.

Should be....

Under Options:

Data Type = MODE1/2048

File System = ISO9660 + UDF

UDF Revision = 1.02

As a guide to what you should be using in ImgBurn, you can determine what Premiere Elements is using for the file system when it does its burn to disc DVD by using the Nero application Nero Info. Nero Info says ISO9660 + UDF for the Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 burn to disc DVD.

Depending on what instructions you are reading from, you only want the VIDEO_TS Folder for ImgBurn. Ignore mention of Audio_TS Folder if you run into such a mention.

I can supply a step by step for ImgBurn if needed.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Burn ISO from folder made in premiere elements 8
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

ImgBurn is typically ready with messages about right or wrong settings.

I agree completely - ImgBurn is VERY ready with those messages. Some are quite funny, and I think that the software's author had great fun writing them. I find the humorous, though possibly in a somewhat warped way. When I am bored, I will often do something that I know is not correct, just to see what sort of message will pop up... Maybe I need to get a life beyond laughing at error messages in a burning utility?

Hunt

• 9. Re: Burn ISO from folder made in premiere elements 8
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

ImgBurn is a strange but effective program which can be cryptic with its message but generally helpful.

But, it can be counterproductive to a new user who is not prepared for

a. some of the messages, about volume naming plus the crystic messages

b. the burner tray popping open and closing automatically before the end of the job

(no post on this please, we have gone a few rounds on this aspect which you have related to process verification)

c. the burn complete message that comes with "off to the horse races" type sound...nearly jumped off the computer chair when I heard that for the first time (I had the computer speakers on.)

I believe the ImgBurn messages that need the closest watch are related to Blu-ray disc and AVCHD disc not DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc and the related settings under Options File System...especially AVCHD on DVD disc. DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc (used by Premiere Elements = Disc File System = ISO9660+UDF), whereas AVCHD on DVD disc (used by Premiere Elements = Disc File System = UDF).

ATR

• 10. Re: Burn ISO from folder made in premiere elements 8
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

I agree - hate the "horse race" sound too...

Hunt

• 11. Re: Burn ISO from folder made in premiere elements 8
                              saraysounds Level 1

Hooray, I finally burnt a disk that works and doesn't change the pixel aspect ratio.    Its a miracle.  Its only taken me 2 years after hundreds of disks chucked into the bin after getting an error code at 96 % from PE 8 when trying to burn straight to a disk from PE 8. 

Imgburn did create an empty audio ts folder on the dvd though. 

Now back to another problem on PE 8.

Trying to burn 2 files to a folder to make another disk.  The problem is one the 2nd file is imported and PE 8 conforms the file, it goes into speedy mode.  The video footage plays back twice as first as its supposed to?  I've deleted xmp files, all the project and started a new project 3 times and it does the same, how weird and annyoying. 

• 12. Re: Burn ISO from folder made in premiere elements 8
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Great news, and thanks for the update!

For testing my Projects, I am a big fan of starting out with DVD-RW's, or BD-RE discs (only for testing, and NOT for delivery), to keep from creating "coasters."

Good luck,

Hunt

• 14. Re: Burn ISO from folder made in premiere elements 8
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

saraysounds

First old business, are you asking ImgBurn to produce an Audio_TS Folder for you? If so, don't. We can look at this further if you want later.

As for you new project which is going to burn to folder for your Timeline with 2 files.

What are you setting as the project preset?

What are the properties of those 2 files....

video compression

audio compression

frame size

frame rate

interlaced or progressive

file extension

pixel aspect ratio

If you play that file (the one that speeds up in Premiere Elements when imported) with a computer player, does it speed up in playback there also.

After you place the file on the Timeline, are you decreasing its duration in any way?

More later.

Congratulations on your advances. Good job.

ATR

• 15. Re: Burn ISO from folder made in premiere elements 8
                                    nealeh Level 5

saraysounds wrote:

Imgburn did create an empty audio ts folder on the dvd though. 

That's quite normal. Take a look at any of your commercial DVD's, they all have one (empty).

Cheers,
                                    --
                                    Neale

• 16. Re: Burn ISO from folder made in premiere elements 8
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

saraysounds

Just some comments about your VIDEO_TS from Premiere Elements to DVD with ImgBurn.

Just to clarify...

When Premiere Elements (any version) does the burn to disc or burn to folder, the DVD components created are OpenDVD Folder plus VIDEO_TS Folder. There has never been an Audio_TS Folder included. I have never gotten one, and I have not seen any reports from one who says he/she has from Premiere Elements.

The Premiere Elements disc product DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc (Open DVD Folder+VIDEO_TS Folder) has always played back on the my computers and TV DVD players.

Now when you do the Premiere Elements burn to folder and use 3rd party software (ImgBurn) to get the VIDEO_TS Folder onto DVD for the DVD-VIDEO on DVD, we see comments about AUDIO_TS Folder which we do not have. The claims are that some DVD players require the presence of the VIDEO_TS Folder + AUDIO_TS Folder as a playback requirement (supposedly for compatibility purposes). I have never found that to be the case.

But, if you want to include an empty AUDIO_TS Folder to the mix, you will find that some of these 3rd party software do this automatically. Some do not. You mention that your ImgBurn did add an empty AUDIO_TS Folder to your DVD-VIDEO on DVD generated by it. Was that automatic or was there a setting for that or did you do other to produce it?

I use ImgBurn version 2.5.7.0 when I need to use that program, and it only generates a VIDEO_TS Folder in the final product. And, that final product has no problems with computer playback and TV DVD player play back. In my ImgBurn 2.5.7.0, I see no option to add an AUDIO_TS Folder to the compilation. But, what I can do is go to the computer desktop, create an empty folder, name the folder AUDIO_TS, and then include that with the VIDEO_TS in ImgBurn for the burn to DVD disc which will then have AUDIO_TS Folder + VIDEO_TS Folder.

Please check out the following online information about "do I need the AUDIO_TS Folder" in these burn to disc.

Please review. Any questions or if you need clarification on anything written, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 17. Re: Burn ISO from folder made in premiere elements 8
                                        saraysounds Level 1

hi A. T Romano.  No, I didn't ask img burn to create an audio ts for me. It did it automatically

with regards to the project I

I tried to start with a new project

Full HD

1920 x1080

pixel aspect ratio - 1.0

frame rate - 25

Not sure how to tell if interlaced or progressive?

I didn't cut or modify the file in any way.  I just imported it in and put it on the timeline to share it to a folder.

then I realized the file was actually 1440 x1080 so I started a new project with the following settings

HD 1080I 25

1440 x 1080

pixel aspect ratio - 1.3333

frame rate - 25

The same thing happened.  The audio works at the correct speed but the video image is twice as fast as it should be.  I have 2 files and the first one is fine, its the second one. 

How do I determine video and audio compression?  thanks

file extension - mp2t

• 18. Re: Burn ISO from folder made in premiere elements 8
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

sarasounds

Thanks for the reply with update.

From what you wrote, you can import both these video files into Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 project. When you do, what are the readings when you right click the file in Project Media and select Properties? Here I am mainly interested in frame rate and the pixel aspect ratio.

Also, right click each file in Project Media and select Interpret Footage. In the Frame Rate section of the Interpret Footage dialog, what is the frame rate given for the file?

If possible, download and install the free utility names gspot and compare the readout for both to see if any significant differences exit between the two.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

This will give us information about the video and audio compression used in the file.

You wrote that the file extension of the files was .mp2t. Did you really mean that or did you mean .m2ts?

In your final product (DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc) are you noticing an playback flaws especially during playback of areas of the movie where is there more action than the rest of the movie?

Thanks.

ATR

• 19. Re: Burn ISO from folder made in premiere elements 8
                                            saraysounds Level 1

on gspot the only information it gives is

file type: mpeg 2 transport stream

mime type - video/mp2t

I just looked at the properties in project media

video clip 1 (which was fine) pixel 1.3333.  frame rate - 25

video clip 2 (which was speed up) pixel 1.3333, frame rate - 50. 

so i'm guessing this is the problem? So now I have to figure out how to get these 2 clips with different frame rates into the same project and to burn it to a folder. 

when creating a new project it doesn't give you an option with a frame rate of 50?

my final project when burnt on a dvd plays back ok, when burnt from a folder.  When previously burnt straight from PE to a disk, I used to get lines on the areas where there is more action (dancing)