• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't upload Videos to Facebook. Getting error message. Please help!

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've tried mulitiple times, but I can't upload a video to Facebook.  It goes through the whole process, and when it's done "uploading" it comes back with an Error Message - Unknown Error. 

Please help!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

TheatricalMe

Thanks for the reply. Please excuse in post numbered 3. I was typing hard drive in one place and it got posted as "card". But, fortunately, I think you got the idea that I was mentioning at the place in the post. The system will not allow me to correct that.

SG and all of us will be looking forward to your results.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long is your video? Some sites have file size limitations.

It could also be a transcoding error.

Try outputting your video using Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the YouTube HD preset and then upload this MP4 manually. Should look great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THanks for the tip.  I have Premiere Elements 12

The pre-sets do not have a YouTube HD presets.  It only has a bunch of FLV presets that have various Flash versions in parenthasis.  What should I use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheatricalMe

What SG is suggesting is that, depending on your project settings, you can export your Premiere Elements 12 Timeline to a file and then upload that file which was saved to the computer card to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

The export choice that he is suggesting for creating that file is

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = YouTube Widescreen HD

The file obtained will have AVCHD video compression and a .mp4 file extension. The frame size will be 1280 x 720 @  24 progressive frames per second.

If you wanted to customize the export settings here, then you would go to under Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab.

To see if this works for you, you can leave the defaults and observe the results.

ATR

Add On...Responding to all SG's questions will expedite matters.

Add On...If you are seeing flv offering, you are in the wrong place. You are in Publish+Share/Computer/Adobe Flash Video. There are several choices under Computer

Adobe Flash Video

MPEG

AVI

AVCHD

Windows Media

Audio

The key is to scroll down to see the whole list. See scroll bar to right of list that you do see. Lots of people miss the options toward the bottom if they do not use the scroll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful!  I can see where I goofed.  Trying it again now.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheatricalMe

Thanks for the reply. Please excuse in post numbered 3. I was typing hard drive in one place and it got posted as "card". But, fortunately, I think you got the idea that I was mentioning at the place in the post. The system will not allow me to correct that.

SG and all of us will be looking forward to your results.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!  Woo hoo.  my silly snowy video is now on FB.  Thanks again for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheatricalMe

Great, great news. Congratulations on your Facebook video production. Good job.

SG will be very pleased to see the great news when he returns to your thread.

Continued success.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news, TM! Please mark this thread as answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2014 Jun 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem. I don't want to register on YouTube to upload a video to Facebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2014 Jun 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TSO

You will need to clarify and give more details of your situation.

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

You wrote

I don't want to register on YouTube to upload a video to Facebook.

Who is saying that you should? You will need to open an account at the Facebook if that is where you want to upload

video to. What is your concern...can you not upload a Premiere Elements Timeline to Facebook from the sharing section

of whatever version of Premiere Elements that you have...alternately, can you not export your Timeline to a file saved to the

computer hard drive and then upload that file to Facebook at the Facebook web site?

Depending on your answers, please reply including

a. project preset

b. properties of what you have on the Timeline

c. wording of any program errors that you are getting relating to upload to Facebook from within Premiere Elements sharing

area

More later.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for quick response.

I have Elements 12 and Windows 7. I have successfully uploaded videos to a friend’s account on YouTube, but no luck with Facebook. I have exactly the same problem as the person above; rendering and uploading starts out fine but on one second left I get the message “unknown error”.

Saving the clip on hard-disc for uploading is has not been possible, because Facebook foes not accept .prel files and I don’t know how to convert them. Could you guide me through the steps, please.

TSØ

Fra: A.T. Romano

Sendt: 29. juni 2014 03:22

Til: Torgald Sørli

Emne: Can't upload Videos to Facebook. Getting error message. Please help!

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano> in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6506491#6506491>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TSO

If you cannot upload your Timeline to Facebook, Vimeo, or YouTube via the Premiere Elements Publish+Share/Social Websites/Facebook, Vimeo, or YouTube, then you can export your Timeline content instead to a file saved to the computer hard drive from where you upload your file to Facebook, Vimeo, or YouTube at the Facebook, Vimeo, or YouTube web sites respectively.

If you had a 1920 x 1080 Timeline, a file for consideration would be the following for the upload at the web site

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30

Each web sites has its limitations. The YouTube ones are the ones most commonly seen. Whether within Premiere Elements or at the YouTube web site, the upload limit is 2 GB/15 minutes. But, you can get an extended time account at YouTube for larger videos, but that extended time account is usable only when upload at the YouTube site. That extended time account cannot be used within Premiere Elements for its YouTube feature with its 2 GB/15 minutes limit.

Please give the above a try to see if it works for you.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

Saving the clip on my computer was successful, but not uploading it to Facebook. Probably it’s too big, it’s 843 MB; 3 min 45 in HD. Could this be why I got the “error unknown” message ?

Then again, we seem to be quite a few encountering this problem. I do expect Adobe to fix this – this is not as hassle free as you advertise in promos and tutorials.

But thanks for great help.

TSO

Fra: A.T. Romano

Sendt: 2. juli 2014 20:32

Til: Torgald Sørli

Emne: Can't upload Videos to Facebook. Getting error message. Please help!

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano> in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6517018#6517018>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TSO

Thanks for the update.

But, I would ask for clarification.

I have never seen any Adobe posted limits for the Premiere Elements upload to Facebook feature, but....

In the following online article posted about a year ago, the responder makes a distinction between Facebook

unverified and phone-verified accounts.

Unverified account limit = 100 MB 10 minutes

Phone-verified account limit = 1024 MB 20 minutes

Is there a limit to the size and the length of the video files that I can upload to Facebook? | Face...

I suspect that the unverified account limit is what can be used in the Premiere Elements feature within the program

and not the phone-verified one which can probably just be used for uploads to Facebook at the Facebook web site. But I do

not know for sure at this time. There is a similar situation that exists with YouTube with its regular and extended time accounts

and when and where you can use them. YouTube, I know first hand. I am not involved with Facebook in anyway.

If that online article of over a year ago is correct for now....your 843 MB 3 minutes 45 seconds failed on file size if your account

is one of those unverified ones. You could look into the Facebook phone-verified accounts to see if that resolves any of

your Facebook issues.

If you are exporting in Premiere Elements to a file saved to the hard drive for upload to Facebook at the Facebook web site, you might consider lowering the bitrate under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of the export preset to decrease the file size but still maintain quality.

More later.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines