6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2014 1:23 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere elements 12 hangs

plinyEuropaea

Newly inmstalled Premiere elements 12 just hangs after 'new project' is selected.   The start screen remains visible but no other window opens and nothing happens.  1 application and 3 processes are running:

Adobe Premiere Elements 12.exe

Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Adobe QT32 Server.exe *32

Running Windows 7 pro upgraded from Vista 3 years ago.  64bit i7 procesor 8Gb mem.

No problems with any other applications.

Installation appeared to complete without problem.  Uninstalled, reinstalled, same result.

Does Adobe have any support any more?

• 1. Re: Premiere elements 12 hangs
          A.T. Romano Level 7

plinyEuropaea

Are you talking about "new project" in terms of Welcome Screen Video New Project or in terms of File Menu/New/Project?

I have found Premiere Elements 12 to be very problematic in getting "established". On two different operating system (Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 8.1 64 bit), I had an seemingly endless problem with

a. 1 to 2 minutes before opening via File Menu/New/Project

and

b. 1 to 3 minutes before closing of the project with or without saving it.

I would prefer to say that one thing resolved the problem. I tried "everything" and, when I was ready to retreat, it all worked as expected.

a. Besides running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges, right click the desktop icon for the program and select Run As Administrator.

b. Do a run through with ccleaner (regular cleaning and registry cleaning parts)

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

I experienced this project with no media imported. Is that the same in your case? If not, then we are going to need to get into the details of your project preset and the properties of what you are importing into the project. If you are saying that you cannot get into an opened project that is another matter.

Please review the above and then we can discuss all this and more in the morning.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere elements 12 hangs
            plinyEuropaea Level 1

Thanks for your response.   "new project" from the Welcome Screen Video New Project, where there is the option of selecting video or the organizer, and then a choice to open an existing propject (there are none) or start a new project.  Attempting to start a new video project.   Although three processes were "running" Resource Monitor showed were not using any resources and Task Manager showed the application as unresponsive.   Sometimes this has opens a small balnk window and sometimes not.   Sometimes the Welcome screen closes itself if stray processes were left running and not ended using task manager.

Perhaps its a .dll issue or conflict but would be nice if there was an install repair or install verification to identify any problems.  Takes a long time to uninstall and reinstall.

• 3. Re: Premiere elements 12 hangs
              plinyEuropaea Level 1

Continuing . . .

Organizer installed under Program Files (x86) / Adobe / Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Organizer

Premiere Elements 12 installed under Program Files / Adobe / Adobe Premiere Elements 12      - not (x86).

A right click on Adobe Premiere Elements.exe brings up an opening display saying adobe.premier.elements 12 version 12. ...   Loading ExporterAVI.prm,  which is where it hangs.

• 4. Re: Premiere elements 12 hangs
                A.T. Romano Level 7

plinyEuropaea

Thanks for the reply.

Have you gone through all the mentions

a. QuickTime installed

b. Run As Administrator and from User Account with Administrative Privileges

c. Have you looked at the problem with and with antivirus program turned Off

d. Have you run the ccleaner with or without incorporating it into an Uninstall/Reinstall scheme

e. Have you tried installing and using the program in a new User Account with Administrative

Privileges?

We could try deleting the settings file to see if that has any impact on the issue.

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that we delete. If that does not work, then we delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited above.

Also, you could check Computer/Manage/Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Application to browse for Errors or Information that appears to be related to your issue.

Please review and then let us know if any further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premiere elements 12 hangs
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

plinyEuropaea

My reply numbered 4 is not in sync with your post numbered 3. I did not see your post 3 until I had posted my post numbered 4.

More later.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere elements 12 hangs
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

plinyEuropaea

Are you saying that when you right click the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file on the hard drive, all you see is "Loading ExporterAVI.prm" and nothing else. And not,

rightclick.jpg

Screenshot is from Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit.

It may be time for the uninstall/ccleaner/reinstall with antivirus and firewalls off??

ATR