What operating system?
I saw that there were a series of questions i need to answer in order to get the right answers.
- What exact version of After Effects? Include the minor version number (e.g., After Effects CS5.5 with the 10.5.1 update). Do not just say "After Effects with the latest updates"; give the specific version number.
12.2 - after effects CC - CS6
- Have you installed the recent updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)
yes. i even uninstalled and reinstalled the newest...again.
- What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".
Mac OSX 10.9.1
- Tell us about your computer hardware. Include CPU type and number of processor cores, amount of RAM installed, GPU, number of disk drives, and how any external drives are connected.
2.3 GHZ Intel Core i716GB 1600 MHZ DDR3Macintosh HDprocessor #: 1Zero external drives connected.I use my local connection with my desktop to share files. Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,3 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 6 MB Memory: 16 GB
- What versions of drivers for your graphics hardware do you have installed (including CUDA driver and driver for display adapter)?
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MBInstalled CUDA
- Do you have any third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU)?
- What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime".
- If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?
Last log message was: <140735190438672> <EAMountPoints> <0> Error: mount point list is empty.Generating crash log, which may take a few minutes. although there is another window that says A LOT MORE!!
- What were you doing when the problem occurred?
trying to open it.
- Has this ever worked before? If this worked before by doesn't work now, what has changed on your computer in the intervening time?
It has worked for about 4 or 5 days. It was even working when i was doing the same action prior to the last time it stopped working. I was uploading a file from my other computers file. Which i had done many times throughout the day. As i work on one computer and when i have to leave and bring my laptop with me i do so. Because i work on my computer all day long. Desktop or laptop.
- Do you have QuickTime installed. (You should.) If so, what version? The answer should be specific, such as "QuickTime 7.6.2".
- What other software are you running?
iWork - Numbers
- Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed?
Yes. I've since deleted them but i'm not sure where else to find the files if they're still around. ?
- Are you using OpenGL features in After Effects?
Not sure i know what that is?
- Does the problem only happen with your final output, RAM preview, or both?
its just not opening
- Are you using Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing?
if that is the Double line play button then yes.
- Are you using the ray-traced 3D renderer?
Not sure what that is.
- If the problem is with output, give your exact output settings (both render setting and output module settings). Screenshots help.
- What is the exact sequence of steps that you are taking?
Thanks for any help you can give me:)
Run your disk utility and check your volume names. I've seen this issue once in the past with an oddly named volume...
Nothing odd happened. Nothing changed?
Have you fixed it yet? I have the same problem and i have no idea how to fix it
Try this for a possible fix:
- check if is any shortcut of the After Effects application is placed inside the After Effects 2014 in Applications Folder.
If yes, then trash the shortcut and launch After Effects 2014 to check on the issue.
yes this did fix the problem.